Grand Spauding Dodge?

-

gearheadbill

Reaction score
Back in the late 60.s( giving a way my OLD AGE)-Grand SPauding Dodge out of Chicago sold cars similar to Yenko,s Motion Chev,they would have a full page AD showing parking lot full of these cars ,,one of those models was a Dart-Valiant sedan with 440. and such,my freind had a 67 RT,HE WANTED one of thee so BAD .In all my veiwing of Barrett Jackson,Mecum and others I have never seen any of these cars-I just wonder were they all ended up,the chevys sure are out there???
Bill

there out there, I've seen a few featured on those Saturday car programs. Not in the same league as a Yenko IMHO

YEP the Grand Spauldings, the corporate HEMI darts/valiants infamous black fender cars.... there are a few out there.... most have been crushed the rest belong to private owners and beacuse they are so very few...it is not likely you see any of them at auction unless someone passes

Back in the late 60.s( giving a way my OLD AGE)-Grand SPauding Dodge out of Chicago sold cars similar to Yenko,s Motion Chev,they would have a full page AD showing parking lot full of these cars ,,one of those models was a Dart-Valiant sedan with 440. and such,my freind had a 67 RT,HE WANTED one of thee so BAD .In all my veiwing of Barrett Jackson,Mecum and others I have never seen any of these cars-I just wonder were they all ended up,the chevys sure are out there???
Bill

I work for Mr. Norms Garage and Mr. Norm still comes out and sells his swag at some of the bigger Mopar shows in the midwest. We are building new Challengers and Darts/Demons into supercars still and having fun! The 1968 Dart GSS 440 is what you are talking about and he made 48 of them. I also work for the man who owns the largest collection of Mr. Norms A-Body's and he has 3 of the original 68 GSS's plus 4 other original GSS Demons. There have been a few for sale lately, there is a Six Pak GSS Demon on Ebay right now and I have seen a couple of 68 GSS's at the auctions in the last couple of years, but hey are few and far inbetween. So far I have found 13 of the 68 GSS's, hopefully there are more out there!

Rhino

I just posted this a couple of weeks ago but I thought I would add it to this thread.
The making of the 1st 383 Dart....

383Dart001.jpg

383Dart002.jpg

383Dart003.jpg

383Dart004.jpg

383Dart005.jpg

I remember listening to a AM radio station out of Chicago WLS,Ithink it was,,that ran the ads.

-
Back