grant "tuff" repro wheel question

-

mopa713602

Reaction score
I bought the grant 846 tuff reproduction wheel. I got it off of ebay, that just about says it all. I have the wheel and the horn button with the little disc the big round horn button goes into. That is all i got.

question is. What am i missing that holds the horn button assembly onto the steering wheel?

Also what adapter kit is anyone/everyone using? Will the original tuff wheel adapter out of my demon work?

Thanks

i bought the same wheel a few years ago for my demon and got the same junk you did. i just took the inner horn ring(holds the horn cap on, and compresses to honk the horn) off of my old wheel and bolted it to the tuff wheel. i tried to run it with the crap they gave me and it didn t work so well, so i bought a tuff wheel adaptor and it bolted right up and works awesome! hope this helps

It is held in buy three bolts but they don't go in all the way. Then there is a spring you need to put in to the horn button. You can use your stock horn parts. They work a bit better. If you have a 3 bolt Grant wheel it should bolt right on there. If you have a 5 bolt wheel you will need the adapter. Even if you have the bolt wheel you may still want to put the adapter on to bring the wheel away from the dash. It is a little close with out it. I did not use any adapter/spcer with mine. You will need to bend the turn signial lever a bit if you don't though.

-
Back