Great site (aka another new guy)

-

Skitch

Reaction score
Just thought I would end the lurking and post a message finally. I have been digging through the archives and found some handy information. I must admit to be not only new to A bodies but new to Mopar as well. (other than the short time I drove a Dodge Omni :) ) I just picked up a pretty clean original 1968 Valiant 200 for a daily driver, slant 6 225, auto, manual everything. Drives and runs great. Just hope to do a bit a a rolling restoration and keep it as a driver for a while.

Tim

:toothy5:

valiant.jpg

Welcome
Nice car, and it's good to see a few more later Signets out their.

69 Valiant.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

cool car nice for a four door. not many people restore four doors but someone needs to or we wont see them around no more keep up the good work lon b

IMG_0020.JPG

Nice car. Does not look to need too much.

Welcome. Thats one nice looking ride. Any thoughts of V-8? You could make one heck of a sleeper street car.

Thanks for the welcome! I know I am definitely in the minority with the whole 4 door thing but hey the price was right and it was the in the best condition of all the Valiants I had looked at. And it was a Valiant 200 not a Signet and I hadn't seen that before. You guys all have some great looking cars. I won't rule out the possibility of dropping in a V8 but man this slant 6 purrs like kitten. Pretty much a back and forth to work car, standard daily driver at this point (and getting about 25 mpg).

Question for 69signetV8 - What size tires/rims are those on your Signet? I am interested in swapping out the original 13" rims with at least 14 or maybe 15s..

Hi Skitch, Mine are P 215/60 R 14" out front and P 245/60 R 14" in the rear.

Just remember, we A bodies mostly have that small 4" x 5 bolt pattern. Wheels (I know up here) are very hard to come by unless your willing to pay a rather bigger price. Mine are the 70's SS Craigers which are harder to come by. Newer rims (perhaps ones you like) today are mostly 4.5" x 5. Good luck in your find. You could look around in the parts for sale thread or make a new thread asking some of the guys/gals. There always there for support if they can help.

a005_5.jpg

-
Back