Great turn out at the track

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
Gates have been open for over an hour and the line is down the street! I love it.

BD90EE8F-8632-4BBC-82FD-BC87D0981FE5.jpeg

It was a great night besides the track being covered in dust. Everyone besides street cars was limited to 1/8 mike stuff due to the dust. My friend was racing a fox body at the end of the night when the fox bodu crosses the centerline in front of him and slammed into the wall. Drive walked away.

There was everything from diesel trucks to Lamborghini’s to dragsters. Lots of young people too.

Time Slips ?

I didn’t run just my friend. It was his first time going down a drag strip and he was having a little trouble getting clean shifts. His best was 14.11 at 107 mph. The car is a 2017 mustang gt.

I didn’t run just my friend. It was his first time going down a drag strip and he was having a little trouble getting clean shifts. His best was 14.11 at 107 mph. The car is a 2017 mustang gt.
Yeah that's what I ran with my $50 318. That should be just about right.:poke:

The 107 mph is impressive really. If he got his shifting down and some slicks on it then he would be down in the 12s.
"If" a frog had wings it wouldn't bump his *** jumped! LOL most people just need to calm down. My friend brought his Corvette that he was pretty confident that he knew what he was doing and could drive it better than anybody and I think he managed like a 14-3 and even the sticker in the window when he bought it said that did a low 12. Well the most important part did he had fun?

"If" a frog had wings it wouldn't bump his *** jumped! LOL most people just need to calm down. My friend brought his Corvette that he was pretty confident that he knew what he was doing and could drive it better than anybody and I think he managed like a 14-3 and even the sticker in the window when he bought it said that did a low 12. Well the most important part did he had fun?

Yes he’s got the bug now. And it didn’t go faster than my dart :)

LOL..... somebody woke up frisky :D
Anytime I think of racing a newer Mustang GT I think of the time my wife and I were in the duster with her pink 318 and she was taking a video and just at the very last second you can see the Mustang pop into view at the finish line. My dad seen the video and asked who won? I said well he crossed the line two tenths of a second before "we" did with his $35,000 Mustang against my $50 Craigslist motor. I said he got across the line first, but I think we won.

A friend of my son had a 05 mustang with 5 speed. Started out about the same, low 14’s. He added some drag radials and got into high 13’s. Then he let his buddy drive who had one just like it, went low 12’s and were putting a new clutch in the next weekend lol.

-
Back