Green interior

-

GrizandLinna

Reaction score
I have a triple green 70 swinger. the exterior is EF8 and the interior door frame is also EF8 which is dark green metallic. The console is also green which needs a little love. My question is that a person wouldn't paint it the same green, would they? It's definitely a different a lighter green and does anyone know what interior color that would be?

I'll take any info that you can get me whenever you get the chance. Much appreciated.

You can download the FSM on this site MyMopar, just click "Service Manual Library". The console color you're looking for is on page 23-92, Bayou Green Poly, AB6EF8, 43929.

If you're not too concerned about keeping the original interior color you might want to consider black. My exterior color is FF4 light green metallic and it had a dark green vinyl roof. The original interior was green but the previous owner started converting it to black. I liked the look so I finished the interior in black. Also black is a lot easier to match than the original green.

20220816_145927_HDR.jpg

20220816_150036_HDR.jpg

I have a 69 barracuda that is triple green. The exterior is F5, with a green vinyl roof, and the interior (inner door frames) is F8. And the dash/column is Bayou green. I had a hard time finding the correct paint formulas as is normal for interior colors. I found that the interior upper door frames were not the typical Ivy green that you see on your exterior but a somewhat brighter green (they are original paint). The point of my explanation is that I ended up using a PPG fleet color book to pick a close color to the original. I found that it was easier than trying to find a formula for the interior color and turned out spot on. Just a suggestion in case your supply store has an issue finding the right formula for your code.

My old '71 had green on green on green, aka green cubed.

20180617_122542.jpg

If you're not too concerned about keeping the original interior color you might want to consider black. My exterior color is FF4 light green metallic and it had a dark green vinyl roof. The original interior was green but the previous owner started converting it to black. I liked the look so I finished the interior in black. Also black is a lot easier to match than the original green.

View attachment 1716027435

View attachment 1716027436
Green was big back then. I have a buddy with 2 corvettes (not sure what his problem is) and they are both green.

Classic Industries and or Year One carry rattle cans and prep. The factory interiors were never perfect color matches anyway, not that I remember.

-
Back