Greetings from North Carolina

-

JackDW

New to group old in years
Reaction score
While looking for parts for my Wife's 72 Duster, I found this group and just want to introduce myself. Currently located in the Concord, NC area (next to Charlotte). Between my wife and myself, we currently have 6 vehicles including the 72 Duster my wife bought new when she was in High School. Parked next to the Duster is my 70 Nova SS I bought new when I was in High School. We keep our cars forever. The Duster is a basic 6 Cyl. / Automatic with Power Steering and still has its orginial AM radio. At this time we drive it less then 200 miles per year. We plan to convert it to a real daily driver. First item is it must have Air (priorities change as you get older) and it appears that Classic Air in Fla has a nice add on. Must convert to Power Disc Brakes (those little drums are scary when they get wet). Plan to convert to TBI fuel injection (found what sounds like a nice system available as a kit) and electronic ignition. Will also upgrade to the 340 torsion bars and springs. Body will be totally stock with its orginial dark green paint. This should create a nice daily driver and still be lots and lots cheaper then a new car and much more classy. (Actually it is hard to find a new 2 door coupe of any kind that is the size of the Duster). I imagine that I will have numerious questions for this group before it's over. Thanks for this forum.

Welcome to the best Mopar site there is Jack! You're going to be very much at home here. Post some pictures when you get the chance.

hello! i live right up here in King nc. not too far. i might just have all the disk brake stuff u need on a 73 duster im parting out. ill let you no somthing on that. and welcome to the site!

Welcome aboard Jack!!!

Concord is a nice area. We have good friends that live in Denver so we usually come up there each fall to go to the Bucs-Panthers game but haven't been able the last two years. The wife likes to go drive the NASCAR simulator at the Concord Mall. Been to the Food Lion Auto Fest at the track a couple of times too. That's a good show. I've got a couple of Chebbies too, but you'll see guys with some of anything and everything in here.

Enjoy the site!

Ray

Welcome Jack, We have the best of the best here to help with your Wife's 72 Duster, and some good folks too.
Jump on in and enjoy and keep us updated on you project

welcome aboard, from a fellow north carolinian:happy6:

Welcome Jack, from the Stanly / Cabarrus county line. 72 means you should be done with NC state inspections, so efi shouldn't be a problem, though watch out for "kits".

Wave if you see a primer gray 63 Dart

TopHat

-
Back