Greetings from Salem, Oregon

-

Soren

Reaction score
Last Sunday, I picked up this '63 Dart Gt. It runs, drives and stops but needs a lot of work.
It needs floor pans, passenger seat, some minor body work (most of it is straight).
I might need a driver side fender. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able straighten out the small dent around the headlight.
Besides the holes in the floors, the rest of the rust on the body is surface. I'll get that taken care of within the next few weeks.
The motor runs a little rough, but not bad. I'm thinking tune-up and see what happens after that. The guy I bought it from said he was messing with the timing. I drove it home (about 60 miles) and it got up to highway speeds without a whole lot of problems, but accelerated a little slower than expected.
He said the 225 was out of a '68 Dart. Is there an easy way I can verify that?
I'm not going to do a full restoration, but I'm definitely not going to turn it into a hot rod either. Somewhere in between, maybe. The goal is to make it a very nice daily drivable car.
It's the first classic Dart I have owned, but not the first slant six I have owned, way back in the 80's when I was in high school, I had a 69 Valiant and a 71 Valiant. I forget which one had which motor, but one had the 225 and the other the 198. I've always been a fan of the slant six. I think Chrysler screwed up by not creating one for the modern Dart (My current daily driver is a 2013 Dart GT).

63-dart-gt-fm-parking-lot-19-feb-2017.jpg

63-dart-gt-garage.jpg

Besides it being the 6217th car built and a Dart GT built on October 18th in Medium Blue and a 2 door Hardtop, Can anyone help decipher the codes?
63-dart-gt-fender-tag.jpg

-
Back