Greetings from SoCal

-

73duster47

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the site. Actually found it through RumbleFish's Duster Project thread. I've got a '73 Duster that just lost a connecting rod and sustained some crank damage in its Slant 6. This is the second Slant I've gone through since acquiring the car almost 4 years ago. Coming soon is a complete drivetrain swap to a slightly hopped up 360 I'm getting from a friend, along with a 727 auto and an 8-3/4 I'm getting from another friend. I'm currently an engineering student at Cal Poly Pomona and a member of the formula race team there. Just looking to have some fun with the old Mopar and make this thing into my dream car...which it just about is. Looking for any kind of advice anyone can give me on this swap...I only know Slant 6's and Big blocks. The big block knowledge comes from the '70 superbee I'm restoring with my father. Been working on that for 4 years now (my getting the Duster got the bug back in my dad..) thanks guys, looking forward to talking with you and learning from you!!

here's a pic of the Duster, as it was a couple months ago.
It's now sitting under a cover on the side of the house with the stereo out of it and the Cragars in my bedroom closet. Just waiting for the last bit of funds to go pick up the 360, trans, and rear end...then need some time off from school to get going...

post 2.jpg

Nice looking car. Welcome to the best Mopar site around. Enjoy.

Welcome to the site!Here.s my 73 Dart Sport 340,4 speed(no name)also my 66 Dart named Clairese!LOL!

OCT 08 006.jpg

trim 088.jpg

Hey welcome ....can you pipe some sun to NY....sick of shoveling that white stuff..LOL....

Nize Duster =P~ and welcome to this great site.

My 66 Valiant Victoria, Hester's sister:-D

let%20it%20rain%20163.jpg

-
Back