Greetings from southern California

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
Hi,
just a short introduction. my name is Scott and I live in Southern California. my first car ever was a 1963 Dodge Dart GT and I now have a 1964 Dodge Dart GT. in between I've had Cudas Challengers and chargers plus some other stuff but after many years I went in search of a Dart and found my current one. we've been happily together for around 15 years now. I am also very into old bicycles and that's where the 37fleetwood comes from. in 1937 Firestone offered the very desireable Fleetwood Supreme Super Streamliner. here is a photo of mine followed by a photo of my little hot rod:-D.
Scott8)
P1010076.jpg

IMG_0276X.jpg

Where about are you located in So Calif. I also have a 64 Dart Gt this is one of the best forums on the internet. Welcome

I'm located in Lancaster which is in northern Los Angeles county, and my little Dart currently has the 225 however a V-8 is in the works in the near future. I'll be posting more on this upgrade as it gets closer to happening. I'm weighing the benefits/detriments of going with a 273 4bbl or a later 318 4bbl. the original plan was to go with the drivetrain out of a Dakota or Durango and have a fuel injected Magnum with a 5 speed Dart. financial constraints may make me settle for something more mundane as I have both of the other engines sitting here and the Magnum idea takes a donor vehicle. My poor Dart is in mostly original condition and takes some creative photography to make it look good and I don't have lots of photos of it. I do however drive it daily and keep it pretty mechanically sound.
thanks for the warm welcome!
Scott8)
P.S. the weather here isn't so warm, I live in a high desert so it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer with wind as a regular feature.:-D

Welcome to FABO! My mom lives up there in Phelan. You have a nice car. Was that pic of it taken in Long beach mabby?

Welcome! glad to see another '64 Dart on here. there seems to be a few more that have joined up in the last few months. keep the pics coming!

Welcome from Tehachapi! Nice car. I hope you are a member of the A.V. Mopar Club. They have a good group helpful people there. Hope to see you around the A.V. Mike

thanks for all the positive response. let see if I can remember some of the questions. about the A.V. mopar club, I'm not a member, just cant see paying to be in a club. next any plans for my Dart, well define "plans". I plan on keeping and driving it for many years to come. I do plan on upgrading to a small V-8 soon and I would like to paint it, and redo the interior. I'm not going to do a restore or anything that involved, it currently is my daily driver. and finally that is a beautiful red GT! I've wanted to paint mine the light metalic blue since I got it. I had a red and Black 64 GT convertible for a while. here are a couple of photos of my little Dart at a local cruise night. I'm parked next to my Dad's 1958 Belvedere.
dart.jpg

dart2.jpg

Yea my 64GT I put a late model dakota 5.2 Fuel injection with the a518 overdrive in it with the 8 3/4 with 3:91 posi the car runs real strong. I have had it since 1994 and took me about 5 years to do the frame off complete.

I'm thinking about doing something similar, either 5.2 or 5.9 magnum but I want to go with a 5 speed. as a daily driver probably a stock setup would be fine. as a much younger man I had a '71 Cuda with a 440. now I'm a little more sane and think a well thought out stocker would be perfect.
Scott8)

-
Back