Grill Question

-

mpdm3

Reaction score
Has anyone converted 1970 Duster grill to the 71-72 Sharktooth grill? Curious if this is an easy swap or if modifications are required.

Thanks

No modifications required.Easy?Is anything easy?I would say ,take your time,be carefull of the plastic tabs at the edges of the grill.You will need the whole kit...grill,parking lenses,pigtail wiring,mounting tabs,but not the upper and lower trim pieces if yours are in good shape.They have the entire kit with the 2 trim pieces included for around $1,230.00 on Ebay,a bargain,and it's painted to OEM specs.I used over 1300 small pieces of tape in masking/painting to restore my original.You will also have to paint your headlight bezels from black to light argent.Good luck. Rich

No modifications required.Easy?Is anything easy?I would say ,take your time,be carefull of the plastic tabs at the edges of the grill.You will need the whole kit...grill,parking lenses,pigtail wiring,mounting tabs,but not the upper and lower trim pieces if yours are in good shape.They have the entire kit with the 2 trim pieces included for around $1,230.00 on Ebay,a bargain,and it's painted to OEM specs.I used over 1300 small pieces of tape in masking/painting to restore my original.You will also have to paint your headlight bezels from black to light argent.Good luck. Rich

Thank you, think I am going to give it a try.

yea, that grill will go right in there - as mentioned above - be careful. I have a Scamp that I have a sharktooth grill I am going to use on - the only difference I am aware of (besides the obvious) is the directional/parking light connectors are different. Other than that, all the tabs etc. are the same...

-
Back