Grill surround trim removal

-

ecurb

Reaction score
its been a frustrating weekend for me. i could not take my drivers side grill off my 68 barracuda due to the nuts on the back of the stud kept on spinning. i broke 1 of the studs off but other nuts were spinning and not coming off.
my question is can i somehow reattach the studs with jb weld or some other method or can Leanna reattach the studs?
at a loss or does anyone have the grill surround trim in excellent shape.
thanks again for all the great advice. bruce :banghead:

2nd gen barracuda? remove the header panel with the grilles still in it. you can repair the broken studs. But really, before getting to deep, what car are we talking about?

Haven't you posted trouble with that thing before? You should find a crystal ball repair forum and figure out how to fix it. Be sure to post what year and model it is or they probably won't be much help! LOL

Yep and the dang thing is a split year production model too so that makes it even harder to get parts for. The last part I got (Crystal Zone employees :banghead:) made everyone look like Chinese and everyone was driving on the wrong side of the road too.

its been a frustrating weekend for me. i could not take my drivers side grill off my 68 barracuda due to the nuts on the back of the stud kept on spinning. i broke 1 of the studs off but other nuts were spinning and not coming off.
my question is can i somehow reattach the studs with jb weld or some other method or can Leanna reattach the studs?
at a loss or does anyone have the grill surround trim in excellent shape.
thanks again for all the great advice. bruce :banghead:

Breaking those studs off is pretty common after nearly 50 years of installation. I've never tried to reattach them per se, but you can drill out the old ones and replace them with some from Fastenal. I believe I listed the part numbers / sizes in a thread a year or so ago.

-
Back