Grille cracks

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
Hi.. Can someone tell me the best way to fix cracks and breaks in my 72 Dart grille. Im going to swap it out for a 71 or 70 grille somewhere down the line,but right now i need to get it moving and looking good. Moving to Missouri this Spring, hopefully i can find the grille i want down there..Just looking to hold my grille I have now together for the tow down there....Thanks,DAN

In a small glass jar shave off bits of plastic from an old grill. the smaller the shavings the better. Then add a little acetone. mix it up into a paste. Fill in the cracks or use it as a glue to bond broken pieces together. There will be some sanding and repainting. My 70 grill was in 3 pieces and thats how I did fixed it.

I use devcon plastic welder. Available in most hardware stores. Works great and is strong.

Thanks all..guess ill do some shopping around the parts stores and hardware stores.. Id try the shavings idea , but dont have a spare grill.

Gonna have to do the same thing with my "ovals"....maybe worth it to buy some junk plastics and practice??

I just did my sharkstooth grille and used body filler after grinding out the cracks a little. and reinforced the backside with fiberglass and resin.

-
Back