GROMMET TROUBLES

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
hello Everyone,
I have a set of brand new P5007611 Black Wrinkle valve covers.
I have the two grommet's for the PCV and Vent Cannister.
How do you cut the holes in the valve cover for these to fit? Each Valve cover has a oil fill cap so those stay. I am concerned also about the hole size for the vent.?
Any suggestions?

Aluminum is a fairly soft metal. I would drill a pilot hole, masking tap over the area and then use a hole saw bit of the proper sizes.

I would use a stepper bit (also called antenna drill)
Just keep going up and trying it untill you like it

Each cover has an oil fill cap and you want to make more holes in it? We need pictures.

I would use a stepper bit (also called antenna drill)
Just keep going up and trying it untill you like it

Step Drill (Small).jpg

You do not need to drill anymore holes. Put a breather cap on one side and use a pcv valve grommet for the pcv valve.on the other.

Thanks for all of your ideals!
I have the black ones, the knock outs seem to small

IMG_5499.JPG

Those are the exact same covers that I have, there is a breather that will go directly into where one of those caps are. Not sure who carries it, maybe Mancinni Racing? They do carry a grommet kit to go in the other cap hole for the pcv valve, but you say you have that.

Mancinni Racing carries the twist in breather, $16.95, it has the Mopar Mega symbol embossed in it. Also carry the correct grommet kit for pcv valve if yours do not work. Do your v covers have baffles under the twist in caps?

Mancinni Racing carries the twist in breather, $16.95, it has the Mopar Mega symbol embossed in it. Also carry the correct grommet kit for pcv valve if yours do not work. Do your v covers have baffles under the twist in caps?

Yes, a baffle for each oil cap twist hole.

Those are the exact same covers that I have, there is a breather that will go directly into where one of those caps are. Not sure who carries it, maybe Mancinni Racing? They do carry a grommet kit to go in the other cap hole for the pcv valve, but you say you have that.

Yes , I have the normal vent grommet off a factory valve cover and also a PCV grommet. The vent I have now is not a twist on stlye

Thanks for all of your ideals!
I have the black ones, the knock outs seem to small

View attachment 1715762647

They ARE too small. I use a 1" hole saw on my drill press for the initial hole and a carbide bit on the die grinder to open it up to the 1-1/8" needed for the pcv grommet.

Keep in mind that the seating channel / groove on generic pcv grommets at the parts store is too narrow to fit the MP valve covers (which are about half an inch thick at the knockout). Ma Mopar sadly discontinued the "right" grommets years ago while continuing to cast the covers (not their best business decision but whatever lol). Search for Part No. P524 9642 in your browser box; I believe Mancini has them available these days.

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3305.JPG

Ed Ward's LimeLight and gloss black MPs.jpg

-
Back