Ground Wire

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to get a good HD ground strap (from firewall to engine) to replace the puny OEM?

dustertogo said:
Any suggestions on where to get a good HD ground strap (from firewall to engine) to replace the puny OEM?

Do you know what you want? Try Napa
Do you want to have a custom length?
or a purdy braided one?
or just a standard 20inch peice with connectors on it?

Yeah, I was kinda wanting one of the flat braided types just more heavy duty than the small OEM. I think I've seen such before but just can't remember where.....(that seems to happen alot these days)LOL.

As long as there is good contact with the strap there is no real need for a heavy duty strap. Not saying don't do it but that is a misconception. A bigger strap or ground isn't going to be any better unless the contact is good.

bjs is right, bigger is not always better. using a 10ga wire and 2 ring connectors will also make a nice one. napa, carquest sell their own line(standard brand) of braided steel ones while other stores that carry the STANDARD brand of braided steel and they come in thick and thin and cost just a few bucks.

Im running a standard flat braided strap that I picked up from napa. Got one going from the back of the head to he firewall and another going from the alternator to the inner fender well. Those along with the standard one going from the neg battery to the core support.

-
Back