group buy on torque thrust wheels..idea.

-

chrispy1971gtx

Reaction score
I just acquired a 69 340 swinger and was wanting to add a set if vintage TQ wheels. Seems they are hard to find or not available in 14x6 on a 4" pattern.

What's everyone's thought on a group buy, if its possible. I'm thinking AMR or ET only in a 14x6 or 14x7.

Attachments

• IMG_20150112_170515565.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 317
I know. But I was hoping to use vintage redlines...which is hard to do on a 15. Hence..specifically stating a 14" rim.

Im thinking its gonna be hard to talk people into 14" wheels now days. Most of the time at swap meets people have to almost give 14" wheels away.

talk to 4 wheel manufacturers, old and new alike. Looks like Cragar is thinking of dropping the 14" 5on4 SS wheels.

Trying to see if they will recast the Swinger S/X aluminum wheels. Would love to see them cast as a pre-buy, or group buy.

I would also like to see more 14 in 5x4 available. I dont want to go to 15 in wheels. I have been looking for wheels for a 66 Valiant 2 dr that I am working on. I will be staying with the Mopar Rally wheels. I dont see enough choices that are available at this time. I hope there will be more new wheels available in the future.

Here is who I spoke to with Cragar. Maybe if people would express interest with the idea that 64-72 A-body owners who would like to keep their stock brake and BP, but limited in wheel well size, want a 14in. wheel...something other than the S/S wheel, but retro.

Ansen, and Centerline are only thing else available.

I did get a message back from ET-Wheel also. They can drill for 4" BP, but stuck with 15" wheels. A 205/215-60/65 tire is just about an E70-14.

-
Back