Growling Disc Brakes

-

65_Dart_GT

Reaction score
Just converted my 65 Dart Gt to disc brakes up front. First attempt in the driveway using the brakes produces a heavy growling sound. Is this normal for new disc brakes? Am I just over thinking that there is a disc to pad problem. It was an SSB conversion kit used. at to try it on the road?

What master cylinder do you have? Power or manual brakes?

Just converted my 65 Dart Gt to disc brakes up front. First attempt in the driveway using the brakes produces a heavy growling sound. Is this normal for new disc brakes? Am I just over thinking that there is a disc to pad problem. It was an SSB conversion kit used. at to try it on the road?

If the pads are new, go out and break them in, that noise may very well go away, if it's the sound I'm thinking about.

Might be normal. What kind of pads did you use? Semi metallic? If so, they are extremely noisy at very low speeds, especially when you are along side a wall or building where sound is reflected.

Might be normal. What kind of pads did you use? Semi metallic? If so, they are extremely noisy at very low speeds, especially when you are along side a wall or building where sound is reflected.

Yup, semi metallic. Seems that the noise is lessening. Must be a break in period needed.
Thanks.

-
Back