Grrrrrr... Trying to buy another car.. like pulling teeth

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I have located another car that I am trying to buy. It is one of those old man has it deals and I am just trying to help him sell it.

Got the pictures, got some information and the price so I am sure that we can get together if the car is like the pictures show. It is just a parts car so it is not like I expect much but the guy is sitting on his hands and every now and then I get a response. Damn, I hate these three way deals.

I almost had the same 70 Cuda on two different occasions. Both times the owner called, had lost interest, needed money, blah blah blah. And both times, when I arrived with the borrowed cash in hand, I was met with some excuse why the car was not available for immediate sale. He called me a third time, about ten years ago, and I told him I was broke. He still has the car. WTF?

Its annoying when people let cars rot and dont want to sell but never do anything to them. I wonder how many good cars have been lost that way. Or they want a ton of cash for a paaaaarts car if it even it only has 2 usable parts on it. Speaking of pictures. I had a deal in New Jersey where they had several pics we agreed on price before since i was driving there with trailer (800 miles)a father son trip. When i get there its a differant car (APOS) and they wanted more money. What a turd of a human. I believe he will get whats coming some day. We laugh about it now thats all ya can do.

I had a tooth pulled last week, it was easier than that....

i have been working on a deal for almost 2 months now. its all i can do to get an email back. ive pretty much wrote it off, very frustrating

oh yah, i almost forgot...............

:worthles:

I have located another car that I am trying to buy. It is one of those old man has it deals and I am just trying to help him sell it.

Got the pictures, got some information and the price so I am sure that we can get together if the car is like the pictures show. It is just a parts car so it is not like I expect much but the guy is sitting on his hands and every now and then I get a response. Damn, I hate these three way deals.
Try like heck to "eliminate" the middle man. If you can get one on one with the seller you'll be golden.

It can be very frustrating, but just hang in there & be patient. You said it was an older man so give him the benefit of the doubt that he may be questioning his own judgement about the sale. He may even be questioning his judgement about a lot more than a car, too. Another possibility is that he does have all his marbles & you're being tested to see how "desperate" you are to buy it. The impatient you get, the firmer the price.

well what the heck is it ?

Now what do you think it would be if I posted about it?

i have been working on a deal for almost 2 months now. its all i can do to get an email back. ive pretty much wrote it off, very frustrating

oh yah, i almost forgot...............

:worthles:

No, I am sitting on the pictures right now.

Try like heck to "eliminate" the middle man. If you can get one on one with the seller you'll be golden.

You nailed it right there and if I could get the middle man to set me up with the owner I could put this deal to bed.

It can be very frustrating, but just hang in there & be patient. You said it was an older man so give him the benefit of the doubt that he may be questioning his own judgement about the sale. He may even be questioning his judgement about a lot more than a car, too. Another possibility is that he does have all his marbles & you're being tested to see how "desperate" you are to buy it. The impatient you get, the firmer the price.

It is the middle man that is on high center and holding this deal up. I will go on the hunt next weekend and find all these cars if possible. I have enough information to get me with in 10 miles or less of them. I also know people from that area so that might help too.

-
Back