Gt5

-

Plik

Ragin Cajun
Reaction score
Just picked it up today. Whats everyone think? I'm digging it! can't wait to try out the online racing when i get back home. Anyone up for forming a FABO team or maybe some one on one? 8)

Post up your PS handle so we can get some races going...

<--- Plikkity

I loved GT3 and liked GT4, but I have a few questions when you have time:

How many of the 200 premium cars are musclecars?
How much more difficult is it to "hop into one of your cars and race"? GT4 took longer than GT3, more menus, intros, etc. and I've heard that GT5 is even worse. Is it really that bad?

My biggest disapointments from GT4 were 1) no '77 Trans Am 2)no Porsche (Ruff doesn't count) 3) no Ferrari 4) I couldn't get a rebel flag for the roof of my '68 Charger. Holding off on buying GT5 untill these are remedied.
Truthfully, GT4 was slightly beyond my gaming abilitys and I'm pretty sure GT5 will make me feel even older.

I loved GT3 and liked GT4, but I have a few questions when you have time:

How many of the 200 premium cars are musclecars?
How much more difficult is it to "hop into one of your cars and race"? GT4 took longer than GT3, more menus, intros, etc. and I've heard that GT5 is even worse. Is it really that bad?

My biggest disapointments from GT4 were 1) no '77 Trans Am 2)no Porsche (Ruff doesn't count) 3) no Ferrari 4) I couldn't get a rebel flag for the roof of my '68 Charger. Holding off on buying GT5 untill these are remedied.
Truthfully, GT4 was slightly beyond my gaming abilitys and I'm pretty sure GT5 will make me feel even older.

Muscle car selection is on par with GT4, but total car selection seems a bit lower (there aren't 60 different types of skylines now, lol!). Customization got a boost, but not much. They've improved the home screen a bit, tuning in much quicker now that you don't have to go though the dealership, more menus but for the better, no more panning around a map. my opinion thus far...

Pros-
- you can finally get Ferrari's and Lambos
- Online play
- vehicle dynamics are a little better
- home screen is easier to navigate
- in cabin view

Cons-
-Load time sucks balls.
-Vehicle damage is nothing of significance.
-online play can get congested at times.
- not all cars have in cabin views

Still no "Bandit" or "General Lee"? I would gladly trade Jay Leno's tank car for a black Trans Am!

I'm on the fence. I got a PS2 for the kids (yeah, right) as soon as GT4 came out and GT3 and GT4 are the only games I play. I don't play nearly as much now, and I definately found my limitations as a driver in GT4. Keep us posted as you get into it more, I'll bet you get some takers on a legue.

I've got it and have been playing several days/week. My handle is the same on here as it is on the PS network.

-
Back