GTS front suspension users, I need a measurement

-

justinp61

Reaction score
I need a measurement on the drivers side from either the front frame bolt or rear frame bolt center to the rack or tie rod end where it passes under the factory frame rail.

Thanks.

I need a measurement on the drivers side from either the front frame bolt or rear frame bolt center to the rack or tie rod end where it passes under the factory frame rail.

Thanks.
i'll try to get you one this evening if i remember.

Just curious, but are you concerned about where the rack sits or where the actual tie rod passes through, the reason I ask is because the rack can be mounted right to the frame, or you can put different spacers in to move the rack back, I prefer it to be back as far as possible, to keep the tie rods as straight as possible with the rack shaft, some oil pans don't allow that, also, is it an early A or late A?
Thanks
Carl

I have a header tube going down in that area and wanted to know where the tie rod/rack was in relation to one of the factory bolts in the k member. 69 Dart.

Surely someone has this set up sitting the garage.

Using dukeboy_318's measurements my Hedman Husler race headers will not clear the rack. It looks like tubular control arms and adjustable strut rods are in my future.

The offending tube.

Last edited:
Using dukeboy_318's measurements my Hedman Husler race headers will not clear the rack. It looks like tubular control arms and adjustable strut rods are in my future.
If your headers hit the rack, how is it going to clear your factory k frame, and steering box? What your saying makes no sense, I've never seen a header tube even remotely that far forward, and that low, let's see a picture of this setup.

ok, so they are fenderwell headers, that makes some sense now.

Not really, only one tube on each side go through the fenderwell.
thats still technically a fender well header. partial fender well. but still. Yeah, I dont think any aftermarket K is gonna work for you there. not unless that pipe fits under both the rack and the K which i doubt

Using dukeboy_318's measurements my Hedman Husler race headers will not clear the rack. It looks like tubular control arms and adjustable strut rods are in my

The offending tube.
[/QUOTE
Ok, the picture just showed up, showed up now showed up now it makes sense

-
Back