Guessing 25 years, maybe never? ..... '85 Ramcharger strikes again..

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't remember having a flat along the road (not saying I haven't though) .... hundreds of thousands miles driven...….

… But if you have read THIS thread of mine Bought another one...... this ones a '85 , you are aware of the weevils that live in this thing... and they struck again as my wife and I went into Iowa for dinner :)

On a causeway with no place to pull over.....

Tire 2.jpg

tire 1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
There must be some cursed vehicles, the challenger with the smart glass problem I started a thread on yesterday blew the radiator on the way from bowling green on I-65 made it home before it overheated thank goodness, its leaking in a strange place right in the middle i believe its cursed.:lol:

Namely you and yr?
you never heard it from me, the only problem I've had with tires, is tearing the side walls out on a stump or sharp rock in the woods. Those days are long gone now, as we can't do much 4 wheeling in pickups in our forests anymore.

Funny thing is, there is a 3 mile stretch of causeway dividing the Mississippi river, and really no place to pull over except just before the main bridge. Of course, Murphy would have it no other way on this dark, cold night... LOL

Of course, this truck didn't come with a spare. I found one, though, at a antique mall. It "looked" like it would fit with a brand new tire on it. 15.00 bucks. LOL. I bought it, I needed it, bolt pattern was correct, the center hole was about .010 too small in diameter. I tightened the wheel against it, and it got us home. I'll be "bowl hoggin' " the center of that out next :D

Oh, well, 15 minute delay didn't spoil a really good meal and fun ride :)

Did anyone else ever notice that a modern tire will fall apart when its 4 or 5 years old, but a 40 year old tire thats been under cover like that one will last until it wears out??
YES! I have 2 tires off the '62 Lancer, aka "my wife's pet Toad". Those damn things are E 70 or something, so that tells you how old they are. They will got go flat!!!! NO I don't drive them down the road though. Demo guys hunt those old biased tires!

YES! I have 2 tires off the '62 Lancer, aka "my wife's pet Toad". Those damn things are E 70 or something, so that tells you how old they are. They will got go flat!!!! NO I don't drive them down the road though. Demo guys hunt those old biased tires!
I don't know how old these tires are on this Ramcharger, but they are pretty weather cracked. They never lose air..... WAIT - back left tire lost a lot of air Saturday night....LOL
:D

Maybe be worth something to a guy restoring a CJ.

-
Back