Guitar People. This is too good to be true.

-
man, that just HAS to be a scam... I never knowingly buy an item from China. You know what they say about when it seems too good to be true...

Last edited:
man, that just HAS to be a scam... I never knowingly buy an item from China. You know what they say about when it seems too good to be true...
Or a mistake. First time seller. Probably screwed up.

I've bough one item direct from China via ebay.

An electronics connector that I couldn't find anywhere else.

The connector was $2.98, shipping was $2.99.

The item was hand packed with so much packing tape that it completely covered the envelope 3 times, and there was more inside.

The envelope was also hand addressed in two languages.

Amazing that the technology to produce the part is state of the art, but the packing and labeling (presumably for thousands and thousands) is still cheaper to have done by 12 year old girls.

Coming from China, that is undoubtably one of their famous knockoffs, quality all the way!! And the current price reflects its value, well, if you minus the $46 and some change!!

it's sold now. So unless someone here got it we won't know. Maybe see feedback in 2 months after the boat arrives. :eek:

Probably a Hondo guitar,70's- 80's knock offs still getting valuable because they used decent wood and made them to exact spec...they got sued over it and quit making them...so they are scarce.
Maybe not though since its in China...

46 with free shipping?
I have spent more than that on beer for a weekend camping. :D
The pickups are worth that if they are decent ones.

Guy at work bought a Chinese Fender strat.

Knew it going in.

NO WHERE on the guitar is there any indication of it's origin.

Has all the fender trademarks.

Boooooooooooo.

bet the buyer never sees it

I was almost going to pull the trigger. I've dropped more than that in a slot machine. It was the $46.00 bucks that threw the flags. Not $50.00, but $46.00. If the price was a little more realistic like somewhere in the ballpark of a thousand it would have been different. Or even like this identical guitar
1981 GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD GUITAR 711106011035 | eBay

But $46 bucks. I should have done it just to see what happens

In the ad description:

"This guitar is for sale locally as well so I may end the auction early if we find a buyer."

So maybe a slight chance that he ended it early. Being a "seller since 2016" with zero feedback and from China tells an all to familiar tale though.

But damn that guitar is nice (if real).

a Gibson Les Paul you say ?

i think its time i tell my annual Les Paul story
so gather round me children, pull up a chair, throw another ibanez on the fire, and listen to my tale

sweet

a friend of mine has a 59 Les Paul

about a decade ago he had decide to have it refinished/tended to
the topcoat had worn through from all the playing and there were a few little screws missing
he had heard from a friends friend about this guy who had known Les personally who supposedly had some original hardware laying around to replace the missing screws

well, it took the guy months and months to get the guitar back to him and my buddy was starting to think he would never see the guitar again

until one day the doorbell rang, UPS with a special delivery
on the box was a little note from the guy who fixed and refinished the guitar apologizing for the delay and that he hoped what was left under the topcoat would make up for it

my buddy opened the box and found all the missing screws replaced with original hardware and a beautiful shiny new top coat
underneath the top coat was the unmistakable signature of one Les Paul

apparently the guy fixing the guitar actually did know Les and he had happened to come by his shop while he was working on my buddies guitar
they got to talking about the axe and when the guy expressed his frustration about how long it took him to get it back together (had a hard time finding the right hardware) and Les decided to sign the guitar to make it worth the wait for my buddy

I was almost going to pull the trigger. I've dropped more than that in a slot machine. It was the $46.00 bucks that threw the flags. Not $50.00, but $46.00. If the price was a little more realistic like somewhere in the ballpark of a thousand it would have been different. Or even like this identical guitar
1981 GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD GUITAR 711106011035 | eBay

But $46 bucks. I should have done it just to see what happens
probably donating to a communist sympathizer

I can tell you that they are experts at forging high end guitars in China, and brazen enough to badge and market them as the real thing, even at trade shows right in the US!! I've seen this on the Martin forum over and over again!! To all but the saaviest of eyes, they are the real thing!!

My Les Paul story....

I had a 72 "Fretless Wonder", best damn playing guitar I ever did have, and sold it to a buddy about 25 years ago!! Never saw him or the guitar after that!!!......until about 2 months ago when he was playing in town!! I asked him about the guitar....yep, still have it, and no he's not selling it back!! First pic is as it stands today, 2nd With my buddy playing it in about 1985 or so!!!! Yes, that's also a Kalamazoo I'm playing that I jacked all up in the Van Halen era!!

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

I can tell you that they are experts at forging high end guitars in China, and brazen enough to badge and market them as the real thing, even at trade shows right in the US!! I've seen this on the Martin forum over and over again!! To all but the saaviest of eyes, they are the real thing!!

My Les Paul story....

I had a 72 "Fretless Wonder", best damn playing guitar I ever did have, and sold it to a buddy about 25 years ago!! Never saw him or the guitar after that!!!......until about 2 months ago when he was playing in town!! I asked him about the guitar....yep, still have it, and no he's not selling it back!! First pic is as it stands today, 2nd With my buddy playing it in about 1985 or so!!!! Yes, that's also a Kalamazoo I'm playing that I jacked all up in the Van Halen era!!

View attachment 1714994680

View attachment 1714994682

You need more amps dude... ;-)

I can tell you that they are experts at forging high end guitars in China, and brazen enough to badge and market them as the real thing

Absolutely true. I bought my wife a nice Gucci purse when I was in Zacatecas. Fake as hell and I got gypped out of six bucks.
But the guitar here was forty six bucks and that would have barely covered shipping, if it covered it at all.

-
Back