Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Here is what a boating accident looks like.

This browning spent just over a year under water. My buddy's dad fell out of his canoe and the gun was lost.

It was recovered about a year later with a magnet.

20220321_151237.jpg

20220321_151246.jpg

20220321_151249.jpg

20220321_151300.jpg

20220321_151127.jpg

I took it out last year and did ok with it at the trap range. Its days of firing "high brass" are over but Its nice to pull it out and let it see some sun once in a while.

I think its earned it?

Here is what a boating accident looks like.

This browning spent just over a year under water. My buddy's dad fell out of his canoe and the gun was lost.

It was recovered about a year later with a magnet.

View attachment 1715893619

View attachment 1715893620

View attachment 1715893621

View attachment 1715893622

View attachment 1715893623

I took it out last year and did ok with it at the trap range. Its days of firing "high brass" are over but Its nice to pull it out and let it see some sun once in a while.

I think its earned it?
I have never been able to say no to a Belgium Browning. My wife swears I can smell em!

On reloading I have had a rockchucker for years, dies are easy to get for it. I even have the dies for an 8mm Lebel. Weigh every third load and so far it has not let me down

I have a very old Lyman turret press and powder measure. It is better built than all my buddy's fancy new machines.

Yeah its slow but man, it sure can reproduce a round!

Plinking I check every 10 roumds.

Precision rounds I check each stage of each round.

I can make some highly accurate loads. I got dope sheets going back to my first ever loads. I got data for days.

@Sublime one

Here ya go.

This one came back from the war in grandPa's hands.

View attachment 1715893648

This is one of my favorites. If this gun could talk......
Apologies as I cannot reply, you see the keyboard has a bunch of drool on it! Great piece, family wall hanger no doubt. Given your metal skills a custom stainless placard seems appropriate!

Since we are all talking smack about reloading here is my bench. There is a Rock Chucker hiding in all them Dillions! Everyone thinks as a sponsored shooter you get unlimited ammo. I can assure you that is simply not the case! You still gotta roll your own to be competitive! Once your kids move out you lose your labor advantage! Hah!

B3C25A93-7816-44E9-9BB5-2A5C567A7F9E.jpeg

hi, i acquired a S&W 40 how good are these hand guns? i have not yet shot this one

40 Short & Wimpy; it's not this, therefore garbage. I have some 50 year old worn out A body 318 torsion bars worth more. wanna trade? :rolleyes:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fegunner-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2F6d06d06035fd78bccc553575ba5cdc1b.jpg

Im really having trouble figuring out if you are being sarcastic or if you are that fired up about the world war champ.

No sarcasm. I love the 1911, but only with a flat mainspring housing. The Delta Elite was a pleasure to shoot when I got to shoot it, just expensive. In all honesty, I'd probably only want one for the novelty. I prefer the softer shove-like recoil of the 45acp over the 10mm and it's sharper recoil. I would trade a pair of worn out torsion bars for a 40 S&W, I just wouldn't buy one. I far prefer revolvers over automatics since I don't trust their newfangled technology. (This is the humor part, still not sarcasm.)

No sarcasm. I love the 1911, but only with a flat mainspring housing. The Delta Elite was a pleasure to shoot when I got to shoot it, just expensive. In all honesty, I'd probably only want one for the novelty. I prefer the softer shove-like recoil of the 45acp over the 10mm and it's sharper recoil. I would trade a pair of worn out torsion bars for a 40 S&W, I just wouldn't buy one. I far prefer revolvers over automatics since I don't trust their newfangled technology. (This is the humor part, still not sarcasm.)

So you prefer revolvers but if you had to get a semi auto it would only be a 1911? I loved me SR1911 and I’d love to get an STI or Staccato soon. I guess it’s just personal preference. Plenty of really fine pistols out there.

So you prefer revolvers but if you had to get a semi auto it would only be a 1911? I loved me SR1911 and I’d love to get an STI or Staccato soon. I guess it’s just personal preference. Plenty of really fine pistols out there.

Not only, I'd like some nice target .22 automatics.

Revolvers ? I like revolvers! In fact I am the current State Champion in gunfighter class. Revolver in each hand engaging multiple targets simultaneously and timed, it is an absolute blast. Single action of course! By same token I also compete with a semi auto so clearly I am just confused! Here is a matched set of 45s with spalted maple grips, plus a SnW revolver I run with a red dot!

8923C5DE-27A4-4C1E-96B1-0567A18230F0.jpeg

E2944ED1-B18A-4031-A901-23BF813D2FA5.jpeg

A9467950-1143-4C60-A73A-9D06517DA3AD.jpeg

Finding one of those (Bren) at a gun show is virtually impossible. The 10 is making a resurgence in popularity.

No doubt. I remember when they could be had for around $1k. Now it's rare to see one under $5k.
I've handled a few hundred of them though. They're neat, but not shooter's and the production had tons of issues. They tended to weld up cracks in casting, every other gun had new revisions of parts, and all were hand assembled and polished by Tom prior to shipping just to make them work (if they did!)
Lots of tool room guns got out too though, not to mention the LaFrance guns and parts.

It's a neat design though and they literally invented 10mm. Too bad it turned out Cooper was broke, but D&D didn't find that out until after they'd made all the changes he wanted to see... Ouch.

Again from observing many students and public shooting the 40s. Most folks are frankly a bit surprised at the “abrupt” nature of the 40. It is a nasty round to be sure. They are coming down in price due to the reduced velocity of sales for them. A couple of years ago everyone wanted one, now they have diminished a bit in popularity. They hit hard and they shoot hard. A solid firm grip is essential, take it out to the range and shoot it. We would love to hear your results. For me honestly, they fatigue my wrist in a very few rounds. To quantify I consider very few rounds maybe a 200 round session. At about 150 I can feel the fatigue setting in and my concentration wanders as does the POI! (point of impact) But I still own one and shoot it! Nasty round.
This is true, I had to move down to a 9mm, over 400 rounds threw a P111 G2. I have small hands and I guess I go lucky, it has mal functioned one time that I can remember, and that was the first few rounds I put threw this low cost shooter.

Carry on, what a great thread

-
Back