Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Not for me! Anything that fires more than one bullet with a single pull of the trigger is worth 30 years. It better have a tax stamp on it. I'm sure I wouldn't like jail. Plus it's dangerous.

Binary triggers are legal at the federal level, for now anyway. I haven't heard of any changes. They may not be legal in some states.

There are binary triggers that let you shut off the trigger with your finger held on it, and binary triggers that require you to release the trigger and dump the last round. If you follow the four rules of gun safety it shouldn't be an issue.... But.....

The Fostech sport trigger is a little more functional than the Franklin because it needs to have the bolt seated to function but will still hold the hammer back. The Franklin likes to hammer follow and this can leave you needing to hand cycle the bolt and dumping a live round on the ground. The Fostech feels like it's full of sand though.

Not for me! Anything that fires more than one bullet with a single pull of the trigger is worth 30 years. It better have a tax stamp on it. I'm sure I wouldn't like jail. Plus it's dangerous.
like others have sad, it is a binary triggers, so with each movement of the trigger it fires one round

pull trigger=one round
release trigger=one round

mine is a fostech so it does have the feature that when it is in binary, i can pull the trigger switch the gun to safety and not need to fire a round

but like i mentioned, i think it sits to high in the gun, so i need to touch up the bolt, or smooth over the hammer surface

I finally talked to Baretta and they helped me with some night sights .I have a APX A1 CARRY and a Nanno sights will do good on it.There are no listing on my weapon

Today is December 5th
A little tradition we carried over from the mainland is Sinterklaas

He was a saint who gave gift to children and perhaps one of the real life inspirations for santaclaus (dont particularly care to get into all that now)

The fact remains that on the morning of December 5th, my kids wake up to find some presents in their wooden shoes

(Again, mostly tradition, im the only one who ever wears them, but every one in the house has a pair of wooden shoes sitting by the front door)

Long story short, my boy got a box of .22s and he totally didnt get the hint

He said "mom, i think dad is buying me gifts for himself"

Today is December 5th

He was a saint who gave gift to children and perhaps one of the real life inspirations for santaclaus (dont particularly care to get into all that now)

The fact remains that on the morning of December 5th, my kids wake up to find some presents in their wooden shoes

(Again, mostly tradition, im the only one who ever wears them, but every one in the house has a pair of wooden shoes sitting by the front door)

Soon he will know why!

Today is December 5th

To you it my be funny but to him it's not. And you will probably never know.

My dad pulled something like that on me when I was about 10. Only it was a Daisy 1894 lever action bb gun.
I have 5 brothers and sisters. All of them on Christmas morning have tons of gifts around them and I have 2 shirts and some socks. I'm thinking I did something bad to not get something other than 2 shirts and a couple pairs of socks.
Now I knew Mother and Dad had a budget for each of us since there were 8 of us total. But come on, 2 shirts and a couple pairs of socks.
After forever Dad pulls out a box from behind the couch saying Oh I forgot this, here this is for you.
I love my Dad but that was not a favorite Christmas.

I burned the shirts and socks.

Just kidding I still wear them.

To you it my be funny but to him it's not. And you will probably never know.

My dad pulled something like that on me when I was about 10. Only it was a Daisy 1894 lever action bb gun.
I have 5 brothers and sisters. All of them on Christmas morning have tons of gifts around them and I have 2 shirts and some socks. I'm thinking I did something bad to not get something other than 2 shirts and a couple pairs of socks.
Now I knew Mother and Dad had a budget for each of us since there were 8 of us total. But come on, 2 shirts and a couple pairs of socks.
After forever Dad pulls out a box from behind the couch saying Oh I forgot this, here this is for you.
I love my Dad but that was not a favorite Christmas.

I burned the shirts and socks.

Just kidding I still wear them.
This is slightly different though
At age 12, hes part of the decision making process (it helps we never did the whole santaclause thing, so they all know its us)

Hes a second degree black belt in teakwondo and he wanted some new weapons
So he ordered himself some nunchucks and a new bo staff

He is not expecting anything else on top of that

(And he did get another small present this morning)

But I totally see where your coming from

I remember being about 10 or so and having Sinterklaas at my grandparents home
I got a blue GI Joe plane with a stern letter stating I almost didn't get anything and if I didn't shape up next year, I wasn't going to get anything then

It was pretty embarrassing, all the more because I had a clear conscience and had zero recollection of misbehaving

I never did care for that plane

Hey y'all...

I don't currently reload... this look like a decent starter kit?

View attachment 1716016986
The books alone are almost worth the invest. The press is a tank and a beam scale with a test weight is basically infallible. You can’t really go wrong here for a real basic setup. It will not take you long however to want something different. Reloading is a black hole for money. Ask me how I know! you Might check at your local sporting goods store and see what a brand new “starter setup RCBS” runs. I think they are only around 300 or so? Check Midway for pricing and they will deliver to your door. Midway buys in volume and is often very difficult to beat on price for all things reloading.

Dear Santa:

My buddy bought one a year or two ago. He's had some issues with it and he can easily outrun the bolt on it. Said he wouldn't buy it again if he was able to choose. Maybe this new model has improved on those issues.

I would love to hear your feedback on this product as I have heard mixed reviews thus far. And frankly everything I have heard is just one step above gossip, friend of a friend type intel. Clearly not verifiable or reliable! I would sure like to hear some honest real time feedback. I do a lot of dry fire and just have not found a “system” that I like yet. I still do it the old fashioned way. Clunky at best.

I would love to hear your feedback on this product as I have heard mixed reviews thus far. And frankly everything I have heard is just one step above gossip, friend of a friend type intel. Clearly not verifiable or reliable! I would sure like to hear some honest real time feedback. I do a lot of dry fire and just have not found a “system” that I like yet. I still do it the old fashioned way. Clunky at best.
I don't care much about the laser bit... I'm focused on repetitive firing... Snap caps only go so far the brand has handgun adapters as well I think

I don't care much about the laser bit... I'm focused on repetitive firing... Snap caps only go so far the brand has handgun adapters as well I think
Exactly my point. Care less about laser but being able to rapidly take following shots is key. I got a whole tackle box of misc caliber snap caps for practice. There just has to be a better way?

Went to pick up the AR7 today...nope
My background check was "delayed"

Never mind I bought guns from them before AND I have a valid CPL

tenor-7.gif

Went to pick up the AR7 today...nope
My background check was "delayed"

Never mind I bought guns from them before AND I have a valid CPL

View attachment 1716019976
We are running into that here as well. Explanation we got is staffing issues due to vacation coverage. Does not have anything to do with applicant.

Today I got to visit with a old buddy I used to shoot against that worked for me as my head of security in private sector. He is now retired and we got together today as he was in desperate need of some Unique. I helped him out and he showed me a modification he did to his safe that I thought was brilliant. Obviously no pictures taken so I will do my best to describe it. In essence he gutted a safe then built out of wood what I would describe as pigeon holes top to bottom, kind of like mail slots at a hotel? Then put a neat moisture wicking material in bottom of each slot. On face of slot he had ID tag describing the pistol in the slot. The whole safe was pistols, top to bottom side to side. Keep in mind he is an avid collector and has each pistol or revolver issued to the US military. This includes each version, example on 1911s he has a colt, Ingresoll Rand, Remington type writer, international harvester, whatever. Same for early revolvers. Heck he even has a Baretta! It was very neat. He has them staged in chronological order as well. I just thought it was a much better space utilization method. A couple hour drive to see a old buddy, eighty bucks in gas. Giving him a pound or so of Unique and seeing him smile ear to ear? Priceless! It was a good day.

Here is another handgun option. Not quite the same, but might be OK? Top Shot Dustin did a review on his FB and had good things to say, but I don't know if they paid him for a review or not.

CoolFire Trainer

We are running into that here as well. Explanation we got is staffing issues due to vacation coverage. Does not have anything to do with applicant.
i dont think i ever had the back ground check clear quickly on any long gun i bought

i dont know if it is because im a foreigner and they got to check with immigration, or if they read the N&P section of fabo or what

Uh, when you work up 6.5 Creedmore loads for coyotes. This is an AR500 3/8 steel target at 75 yards, lol. Chrono-ed at 3750 fps.

Whoops!

1670967549945.png

-
Back