Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Wow, I sure am glad I watched those videos, like him an her I like the gun, but! Not liking there mag well area problem, I bet that mag is wiggling and causing the hang ups and stuff.. I will be watching more videos and look at the ruger.. more time watching videos before I make an investment
Especially at that price point...............I would not buy one.

Wow, I sure am glad I watched those videos, like him an her I like the gun, but! Not liking there mag well area problem, I bet that mag is wiggling and causing the hang ups and stuff.. I will be watching more videos and look at the ruger.. more time watching videos before I make an investment
Just another thought, SnW has also come out with a foldable small 9mm carbine. I have had several guys come thru our carbine classes with them and have not seen any issues at all. Keep in mind a student in our carbine class will shoot aprox 700-900 rounds during the class. At this point we have had zero malfunctions of any kind with the SnW foldable carbine. i Do not own one and I do not get any endorsement from SnW I am just letting you guys know what I see on a daily basis with a lot of shooters. My only criticism of them is from an instructors point of view and NOT the shooters POV. When I am walking the line it is super difficult to confirm the safety is engaged visually. I have to have the student ”roll” the rifle a bit so that I can assure it is on safe in the “ let em hang” position. Which is essentially holstered for us. Hanging from sling and on safe booger hooks out of trigger guards.

Just another thought, SnW has also come out with a foldable small 9mm carbine. I have had several guys come thru our carbine classes with them and have not seen any issues at all. Keep in mind a student in our carbine class will shoot aprox 700-900 rounds during the class. At this point we have had zero malfunctions of any kind with the SnW foldable carbine. i Do not own one and I do not get any endorsement from SnW I am just letting you guys know what I see on a daily basis with a lot of shooters. My only criticism of them is from an instructors point of view and NOT the shooters POV. When I am walking the line it is super difficult to confirm the safety is engaged visually. I have to have the student ”roll” the rifle a bit so that I can assure it is on safe in the “ let em hang” position. Which is essentially holstered for us. Hanging from sling and on safe booger hooks out of trigger guards.
Thank you cousin, I am still on the wall with all other 9mm in a long barrel, I will not be in a hurry to spend my coffee can savings I have been putting back for 2 years now, wife seen my stash last week and couldn't believe I have 1.240.00 stashed back for a 9mm carbine, I don't think I better show her my 9mm shell stash I have :rofl:

Thank you cousin, I am still on the wall with all other 9mm in a long barrel, I will not be in a hurry to spend my coffee can savings I have been putting back for 2 years now, wife seen my stash last week and couldn't believe I have 1.240.00 stashed back for a 9mm carbine, I don't think I better show her my 9mm shell stash I have :rofl:
You got more than enough! Those foldable carbines fit in a back pack that is included with rifle!

You got more than enough! Those foldable carbines fit in a back pack that is included with rifle!
My old school way have had me looking away from a folding rifle, but I am learning more and more each day, liking the Ruger.. seems nice, but the folding gun needs my eyes and hands on one, thanks for your insight brother

I think I posted about getting a Keltec KS7...wound up returning it for credit. Wouldn't eject first shell fired, and would frequently hang on pump. Blew it apart to get it out, recognized the issue from Googling, but it's brand new, THEY need to fix it! Got it back, did the same thing. Tried loaned ammo, it did three fine, so went and bought a box of that...fired 8 before doing it again. Guy at the range is retired special forces, said I was racking correctly. So, back to shopping for a shotgun. Left such a bad taste, I think I'm going to shop for a dependable semi for HD...Mossberg, Remington, Benelli (M2 is as good as it gets, and THAT's stretching my budget).

My old school way have had me looking away from a folding rifle, but I am learning more and more each day, liking the Ruger.. seems nice, but the folding gun needs my eyes and hands on one, thanks for your insight brother
I totally understand, they are not my cup of tea either. But the more I am exposed to them and the practical applications for the platform my opinion is shifting. I have trained several University LEO officers that carry a foldable carbine in their back packs while on bike patrol. Most are putting small red dot optics on them as well. The landscape whereas you may need to deploy such a rifle is changing. But like you in the end I like wood stocks and metal if given the choice!

I run reduced recoil 00 in the zombie slayer.
I just put an extended magazine on mine from Choate. But I already don’t like it. It really changed the balance. I think I am going back to standard. It did change where flashlight mounted and that was a plus as it got rid of some of the weird shadowing. By same token I have not pushed hard on it yet? So I might be premature on my assessment? Hard to see an application outside of competition arena that a side card does not negate the advantages of the extension?

I did see the notion of higher speed ammo (high brass, right?)...I was running an offbrand 1265 #4 failing, then went Winchester 1325 #7, and that still only got me to 10 in a row...leaving me open to a lot of zombies. I'll run stronger for HD, but want to practice with lighter. Regardless, I need to know it'll fire, and I don't have that with Keltec, or any other bullpup, now, for that matter.

Soon YOU will need a safe, and not a coffee can. She knows about your stash, you're in trouble now.:rofl:

I just put an extended magazine on mine from Choate. But I already don’t like it. It really changed the balance. I think I am going back to standard. It did change where flashlight mounted and that was a plus as it got rid of some of the weird shadowing. By same token I have not pushed hard on it yet? So I might be premature on my assessment? Hard to see an application outside of competition arena that a side card does not negate the advantages of the extension?

More practice required with the side car...

Personal preference and circumstances.

HD, I prefer lower recoil, faster target reaquisition, reduced penetration
Yep, I mounted a Holosun red dot on my defense shotgun. I have been exploring #4 vs 00 and am starting to lean that way for the very reasons you outlined. The red dot lets me get back on target very rapidly. And co-witness is easy. I am not the world’s greatest defensive shotgunner by any stretch. I have a buddy who is quite handy at it who is teaching me. It is hard to break years of shotgun trap and skeet discipline. I think he wants to beat me over the head with my shotgun on occasion.

Got a visitor at the house, her name is Lucy.

PXL_20231114_153358150.jpg

A friend has an abrupt change of plans so I picked her up this morning after work. She has met Romeo and Winston while in her kennel, and I'll get them acquainted freely on Thursday when I have the day off. They seem to get along, no cowering from Lucy and no aggression from the boys, so all good so far.

-
Back