Guys...my Cuda got hit

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Brakes failed, dont know if a hose went or what, but it rana stop sign and got tagged. So i'll be looking for a fender and drivers side suspension parts. Inner fender is tweaked pretty good too.

3017701-100_1420.jpg

:sad1:

Sorry to hear that, good thing you weren't hurt.

I thought I recognized that car from my Mopar Muscle this month. Hope you get it back on the road soon.

:wack:

Hope you did alright, that is what counts!

Wow thats a bummer.

Glad your Ok,
you can always fix the car.

IS your exhaust near the brake lines?

I know you will have it better than new soon. Just glad nobody hurt. Maybe Goodmark has new fenders?

Sorry to hear about your car mike. Glad you are ok. Those fenders are still easy and fairly cheap to come by, unlike the fenders for my 71 rust bucket I am going to put back together. If you are planning on keeping that thing like you said you were you might think about buying some spares because they are starting to go up in price also. Fenders and grille both.

OUCH! Sorry to hear about your car Mike, but the main thing is that you're not injured. Cars can always be repaired or replaced, but your health and well-being is what really counts.

Id like to take this opportunity to say that im actually pissed off at you mike. ya thats right.. i loved your car, and how do you repay me.. by smashing it up?

but i guess as long as your ok.. Lmao :headbang:

Was it brake fade or actual lose of brake all together?

guess that puts a damper in moving.. what will you daily drive now?

Cerwin

glad that you are ok, real sad to se your nice car being damaged but a car is not a problem to repair!

The important thing is you are OK and like the 6 million dollar man you can rebuild better than before. This could be the time to look at possibly upgrading the braking system and maybe upgrading the steering to the new bolt on rack & pinion system in have seen in Mopar Collectors Guide?

Ouch, that sucks. It doesn't look too bad though. Hope no one was hurt. I second above reply about upgrading brake system. Just another bump in the road. Mike

that sux...at first i misread thpost thinking YOUR brakes failed and went through a light..lol I am glad you are ok...thats one of the reasons I sold the RoadRunner and got the Dart Sport(other than just not being a big RoadRunner fan...except for 71 model :) ) I kept thinking about something going wrong and what I may end up doing if it did...I don't worry about that so mych with the dart sport.

Hope we can all learn from your bad experience.......Brake lines are definitely not something to overlook when driving one of our classics.

I'm sure you probably take GOOD care of your car, as do most of us.....BUT, I know from experience that brake lines and other parts that can spew the fluid are the FIRST thing we should update on these cars.

I think about failures like this every time I'm holding the brake waiting to cross the other 3 lanes of speeding traffic down here in Florida.......makes me shudder a bit to be at the mercy of such small parts........

I don't know exactly what happened in your particular case, BUT we're all happy to hear that you're OK.............

I only wish we had some body parts to help you out with!

Good Luck and God Bless.......hope to see your car back on the streets real soon.

Glad your ok Mike. Looks like a date with a frame machine is in order.

My condolences to your left fender.... As long as YOUR alright the car can be fixed. I know it must be hard to hear from everyone that the car can be fixed, but it can be. Thankfully it wasn't a pedestrian that got clipped by you.

And as for the emotional hit you took, take it from an old grey beard...that too will pass in time.

Bummer Goody..... :cussing:

Looks like time for some lightweight fiberglass fenders while you save up for some steel ones to get her back like stock. Hhmmmmmm....... couple of fiberglass fenders and maybe a glass hood...... that oughtta get the front end lighter........... Always take em off and put the steel on when you get ready to sell............ :headbang: Oldschool

-
Back