Had a great time at MMW

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Well me and my 5 year old made it out on Saturday to Monster Mopar Weekend and met a couple of you guys:-D Sorry wasn't able to hang around very long as 5 year old minds and bodies don't like to stay still but it was great meeting you. The 63 wagon made it without any problems...thank goodness and got alot of stares. Next year or event I will be sure to talk my wife into coming and helping out with the little ones so I can meet and greet longer. It was great and the shirt was sweet, I need to get you covered on that SmallBlock and I'll pm you. Len "GSS340"

Monster Mopar 08 004.jpg

It was very cool meeting you and your son,:cheers:
He sure likes running don't he
I seen him on the race track running :-D

Your wagon looks badass, very cool!! It's got the same front end as a Savoy,you can't get much meaner looking than that!!

340: That wagon of yours is nice and i'll bet rare. A two door has got to be very rare. Let me know when ready to part with it. PM me if you need something.

Thanks guys...its 1 of none made. I had known about this car for a few years and had always wanted to buy it. Clay Kossuth owned it (owns and ran the Max Attack and the altered 65 at MMW). I finally talked him out of it about a year ago and started working on it. Its 2dr conversion had been started a longggggg time ago by a racer in Detroit (cant remember name) and had never been finished. Its almost there now as you can see, once I massage the exterior some more and put door panels in it, it will be hard to tell it was ever a 4dr. Has 2dr sedan doors and even 2dr sedan front 1/4 glass. I get a lot of double takes at it.

I am running a bone stock poly 318 in it with pushbutton for right now. I have a 413 lined up for it though before next year.

It was very cool meet you and your son,:cheers:
He sure likes running don't he
I seen him on the race track running :-D

He's a nascar nut and kept asking if he could run the track so I let him...lol. When you came over I realized he was actually going to try and run the WHOLE thing and had to call him back. What a kid.

Heres a shot of you taking a shot of me taking a shot of him starting out. :-D

Monster Mopar 08 018.jpg

hey man, sorry I didn't get to meet ya there. I do think I seen you guys Saturday leaving, I remember that car. It was parked next to a orange Swinger. I was talking to that guy when you guys pulled off. didn't see the shirt or I would have tried to catch ya. Do you know if clay has that 64 Dart altered wheel car finished yet?

So what will you do about the rear panels?

I was worried about that when I started out but its turned out to really simple. The rear panels for wagons are so different than regular sedans because they have fold down rear seats and door panels don't go all the way back and get hidden by the back seat. The wagons have all these separate panels that mold/blend into one another for instance; the rear wheel inside humps have panels that come up to the door panels, there is another panel that goes on inside side panel (area between sedan side glass and rear long glass) that comes down to the door panel. What I have done is cut down an original 4dr rear door panel and will recover and use that. I took about 4 inches off the front of it to compensate for the shorter area. It will snap on and blend right in with the rest of the original back panels and seat. It will still have the holes for my arm rests and I can either put window cranks and handles back in or just plug holes if I fix the rear glass.

hey man, sorry I didn't get to meet ya there. I do think I seen you guys Saturday leaving, I remember that car. It was parked next to a orange Swinger. I was talking to that guy when you guys pulled off. didn't see the shirt or I would have tried to catch ya. Do you know if clay has that 64 Dart altered wheel car finished yet?

That was me, we loaded up a bunch of parts, a stroller, my brother and the kids up at that time to go. I remember seeing someone right next door checking out the swinger. Probably didn't notice the shirt because right before leaving I was crashed out on set of tires behind the car.:-D

Don't know anything about the 64 dart altered, just his 65 that he was running this weekend. Will have to ask him about that.

-
Back