Had spark ,now I dont ??????

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
O K here goes.

We got the Duster running,but it had a oil leak at the intake manifold,so we took it back to the engine shop.We started it up took it off the trailer and parked it,they started it up and put it in the shop that night.
Next morning they go to start working on it and they cant get it started ,for some reason I dont have spark any more. I thought my Mallory Hyfire went bad so I put the original ignition module back on still no spark.Changed out ballast. Checked all wiring connections . still no spark,whats up ???? We even changed out the coil .It was new but figured that it might be bad,no difference.

Please help. I have to get it out of the engine shop tomorrow if I cant get it running. Thanks, Bob

I'm guessing you checked the distributor connector to? pull the cap, turn key make sure rotor is spinning? Dont know if that helps, but that's were I would start, then just get out the test light and start checking for hot were hot should be. Making spark is pretty easy.

Segura is right.... simple stuff is baffling sometimes. I had a rotor contact spring tab kicked off to the side of the center post in the cap onetime and the car would run but crap out under load. Didn't catch the problem till I examined the cap closely and saw the ring it was cutting aroung the post.... A stock coil may not have fired the car at all.

Yes, before just randomly replacing items, get a test light and check where power stops at. Eliminate the variables.....

-
Back