Had the beast out

-

Brad4406

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1212160940.jpg

1212160941.jpg

She ran great as usual. She sure loves to suck the fuel, but man she runs good. She rides so smooth with those radials.

nice nice! 76? full time 4 wheel drive?
Thanks. 77. 90s Dana 44 up front with incorrect pinion angle so currently 2 wheel drive without the driveshaft installed. I have a correct year kingpin Dana 60 for it. I plan to have it cut and rewelded to correct pinion angle sometime next year.

like your truck a lot - very cool!! I had a 78 TrailDuster that I put a 360 in and 3/4 ton front and rear with springs out of a SnoCommander - it was copper and gold... ya know when you look back and think "damn, I shoulda kept that one"? - yea...

Last edited:
Cummins swap, no more sucking the fuel

Nah, that's why I got rid of my 99; I wanted off diesel and computers.

Don't get me wrong; I do miss 18 mpg compared to the 6 mpg the 440 gets.

DSCF4445.JPG

DSCF4446.JPG

Computers, we dont need no stinkin computers. One wire to enable/disable the fuel cutoff solenoid, on one with the VE pump.

Computers, we dont need no stinkin computers. One wire to enable/disable the fuel cutoff solenoid, on one with the VE pump.

So, you are running a Cummins Diesel without an ECM?

ECMs are only on 98.5 and newer. Anything from 89-98 is mechanical pump. 89-93 1 wire, 94-98 3 wire, super simple for your old beast truck. Which looks cool btw.

ECMs are only on 98.5 and newer. Anything from 89-98 is mechanical pump. 89-93 1 wire, 94-98 3 wire, super simple for your old beast truck. Which looks cool btw.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

This one has all of the original drivetrain, except the front axle, so I'm apprehensive about a Cummins swap. Maybe someday.

Last edited:
I have a 77 Powerwagon I started to restore for my service truck but ran across a 2001 2500 quad with cummins so the powerwagon got pushed to back burner. Probably need to let it go to someone that would finish it as I don't see me having time with everything else I have going on.

-
Back