had to let the gts go...

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
:sad: Yep, there are times when you have to look at the whole picture, and the project I was buying was making things a bit rough at home and on payday. I am willing to make some sacrifices for my passion, my mopars, but not when anyone else has to sacrifice, too. So, I adjusted my sights, made peace with the gts's owner, and moved on. But, I also got a line on a great 1975 swinger, it's a /6 but the body is straight, and it runs, and I can build my stroker while I drive. Much better for the wife who was not entirely comfortable with what was shaping up to be an expensive and legthy project, we've been there before, so I guess I am growing up a bit, and I will make my new dart the way I want it from the beginning instead of jumping in on another person's vision and trying to adapt it to mine. I am sad not to have the giant killer but I will still be able to develop my own, and with patience and the great guidance I recieve from people like you guys I don't see how I can go wrong... So I will see you guys again soon... :thumbup:

Always family first. Maturity is a great thing, but don't get too carried away with it! Momma still needs something to ***** at you for, and a nice /6 Swinger should fill the bill nicely. :)

Gotta do what ya gotta do..... right move , Family is first.

Good Luck...........

stroker mike hang in there you will be happier and sleep allot better when you make the right decisions. :headbang:
Now let's take a look at the Swinger.
And build your own car. :blob:

I really appreciate your kind words, and yep, a sweet /6 swinger will be a great place to start, and yeah, it'll drive her crazy,too, but a bit more slowly! She's the best thing that ever happened to me, so I try to keep her happy. Npw as for the swinger, well I meet with the guy tomorrow to strike the deal, and with a little luck I'll be driving it home in two weeks. And we'll definitely build me a car! Thanks, guys, sincerely. :headbang:

well, struck a deal today for a brown/tan vinyl 74-5 swinger, saw the receipt from the original sale, written in pencil, 8 miles and 4/10th's! sold to a lady who meticulously maintained it for 27 years! /6, 3rd owner. 104xxx miles, has rust below the back window in the flat panel between the window and the trunk. speckled rust in trunk pan, 3 or four small holes. has a/c and a big ol' smog pump, but not one crack in the dash, no dents, original hubcaps, highback bech/bucket seat, all for 1300, that is a great deal, currently registered, clear title, etc. I am stoked, can't complain about that at all. runs great, it's clean, I think its a great place to start! Now, here's the big question.... since I'm gonna yank the /6 a little later, should I just build a 440 or go with the stroker I was gonna build? I can get a 1977 440 motor complete from an imperial with a 727 for 190 bucks, it has been in the rain since last summer, but a good machinist will clean all that up I'm sure, and I'd end up with about the same power and torque for alot less than if I try to build a 408, I bet. 440 parts are dime a dozen on craigslist, etc. and for a boulevard bomber weight is not such a big deal, to me, hell, Mr. Norm did it, right? I'd bet that there is not much weight difference between a 383 and a 440, but will the 727 fit? the dart has a 904 right now, I think. I could put heavier springs in front, fat torsion bars. Bigger radiator? I know the motor swap kits are similaly priced, from /6 to la or /6 to rb would be about the same, so why not? I would't have to jump so far off the hook to get really good, streetable power, high reliability, and tire fryin' torque!!! I'd have to similarly upgrade the rear end, pay about the same for tti's, with just a mild rebuild, and intake swap, ignition will be the same price either way, msd, ignitor, etc. so what are the draw backs?? what do you think guys?

727 will fit fine, just a little tighter. 440, say 450 hp, keep it stock looking and have a granny sleeper. make those 5.0's look at your taillights and go "what the @#$% was that?"

-
Back