[WANTED] Half shroud for aftermarket aluminium radiator

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine&Rusty

Driver for Wile E Coyote, Genius, CEO ACME Inc.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Have a Be Cool aftermarket radiator, 18.5 inch flex fan, on a 75 Dart Sport 318 cu in. Have seen them, don't know if I want to pay the "New" price for another experiment in cooling.
Thank you
Rusty

if your just trying to find out if it will help, make one out of cardboard or thin aluminum.
i am curious what your temps are, your in an area that stay pretty cool, compared to some of us

I was going to try something like that, from a 89 pontiac wagon split shroud but the yard got really pricey when they wanted to "check my application for fit"=^price x3 = $100...for only the top half...It gets to the 210 and if I am all the sudden doing 2 mph it tries to rocket up to 240, and then I have ran the heater to keep it from going up there as far-it is a touch uncomfortable, to say the least.
If it wasn't a fresh (less than 500 miles) rebuild I'd really consider electric's, but am working with what I have right now.
A friend with pretty much the same engine, radiator, similar build, had tried doing several different one's before going back to manual, half shroud.. Will try the foil/card board in the driveway this afternoon, last time I let it idle up it got to 212 and held there at an idle, no breeze.
The NW is great most of the time, temperate, but factor in leaving the freeway and 4 to 6 miles of traffic to where you are going is where it gets you. Usually runs between 170 and 185 at cruising speed, no problem. Then climbs to a livable 210, to the first stoplight.

is there a reason you don't want a full shroud?

Keeping in mind that I answered a question for the kid at the parts store something like this:
Him: Can we get you anything else?
Me: Oh c'mon, I got a 75 Dart, what do you think?
Him: We open at 9AM, see you then.

Pretty much fit, followed by fit. Not a fan of plastic, ab whatever plastic, special plastic, followed by home spun fiberglass either, just not a fan, pardon the pun, but sheet metal would be fine-said everybody.
Financing is some of it to, and fit. Need to get it to cool until I am ready to do the next step.
Figuring how just the heater will drop it, I thought I'd give a half a try, unless something else comes along that will work, like a full shroud, we can hope ;) We don't have long summers here, (and winter is gonna be a whole other story.) Posting a wanted will always bring a lot of ideas and current "this works on mine"'s and I appreciate any help and ideas.
I was going to get a 68 Cuda the day I accidentally stumbled on the Dart, got directions twice. So I start looking and will consider other things, and glad I did.

20180710_184939.jpg

Keeping in mind that I answered a question for the kid at the parts store something like this:
Him: Can we get you anything else?
Me: Oh c'mon, I got a 75 Dart, what do you think?
Him: We open at 9AM, see you then.

Pretty much fit, followed by fit. Not a fan of plastic, ab whatever plastic, special plastic, followed by home spun fiberglass either, just not a fan, pardon the pun, but sheet metal would be fine-said everybody.
Financing is some of it to, and fit. Need to get it to cool until I am ready to do the next step.
Figuring how just the heater will drop it, I thought I'd give a half a try, unless something else comes along that will work, like a full shroud, we can hope ;) We don't have long summers here, (and winter is gonna be a whole other story.) Posting a wanted will always bring a lot of ideas and current "this works on mine"'s and I appreciate any help and ideas.
I was going to get a 68 Cuda the day I accidentally stumbled on the Dart, got directions twice. So I start looking and will consider other things, and glad I did.

View attachment 1715199634
looks like a crossflow, u CAN GET AN ALUM. SHROUD FROM SUMMIT FOR THAT RAD. , I DID, BUT MODIFIED IT SO I CAN GET IT OFF W/O PULLING SOMETHING ELSE. (DISREGARD CAPS !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back