Halloween Pumpkin

-
I love the dodge truck! Im gonna have to check into that paint gun that thing sprays nice! Best looking gas tank iv ever seen.
The gun is sweet, actually too nice to use unless I am doing an overall job.
For shooting small stuff, I just keep using the purple harbor freight gun, it does ok.
In fact I am in the middle of shooting a fender for my cousins jeep, and will use the purple gun.
I will post a couple of pics when I finish it. Its sitting taped, wiped off in the garage, just waiting the weather conditions to be right.

I did not take a pic of the finished jeep fender, for some reason this is all I took.
Purple gun.
QOty6P.jpg

I am a glutton for punishment, bought another truck on Saturday.
This one is a 47 Dodge truck cab mounted on a 74 Ramcharger frame.
This one runs and drives, I am going to sell the plow.
360 auto 4x4 with PS PB.

FK2H5G.jpg

719YM9.jpg

QOty6P.jpg

Love those trucks!
Thanks, I have not done nothing with the red one yet, buy a few parts for it,
340 4-speed and a "A" body width axle hosing, if I cannot get the old flat-head running small block is going in.

The old plow truck is just going to get tuned up, some wiring issues fixed.
I just put a deposit on a set of 8 lug front and rears, so its getting a 6" lift, a set of 38" tires, and a winch on the front.

Went and picked up the 8 lug axles today, they are light duty W250 axles.
The front will work fine, even came with warn locking hubs, D44.

Rear end on the other hand I don't think I will use it, somebody took all the rear brakes but the backing plates.
I checked on brake parts and they are about unobtainable for a 9 1/4 8 lug axle.
I really want a full floater anyways.

Found a floater axle attached to a 75 W200 with a 9' flatbed that runs, lotsa good parts to get rid of.
Bought a 6" all spring lift for the 47, and a set of 8 lug centerlines with 33" tires, so slowly collecting parts.

Found a floater axle attached to a 75 W200 with a 9' flatbed that runs, lotsa good parts to get rid of.
Bought a 6" all spring lift for the 47, and a set of 8 lug centerlines with 33" tires, so slowly collecting parts.
You parting out the W200?

Yes, it runs and moves, taking the rear and putting the light duty 9.25 under it will still move, it has a clear title, and a new radiator.

Worked on the 47 a little yesterday, and today between rain storms.
Moved the battery from the front bumper to bed.
Put a new push button switch in, it will now start without having to jump the solenoid from under the hood.
I found battery cable for $3 a foot at tractor supply.
The reason for the push button is there is no wiring to the neutral safety switch, need to rob some parts off the w200, to make it safe.
Sad thing is the w200 really needs some minor work to be back on the road.

Worked on the 47 a little yesterday, and today between rain storms.
Moved the battery from the front bumper to bed.
Put a new push button switch in, it will now start without having to jump the solenoid from under the hood.
I found battery cable for $3 a foot at tractor supply.
The reason for the push button is there is no wiring to the neutral safety switch, need to rob some parts off the w200, to make it safe.
Sad thing is the w200 really needs some minor work to be back on the road.
I wish you were closer. If that w200 is mostly rust free, I’d be interested in it for the cab and front clip

I wish you were closer. If that w200 is mostly rust free, I’d be interested in it for the cab and front clip
Rust free in WV does not exist,
The truck is a snow flier truck with all the plow stuff except the blade, it was used as a company truck and beat on.
It was used to plow and haul sand casting two blocks the the foundry.
Even though it was kept in the warehouse, that is what probably made it rust, give it a good coating of salt and park it in a heated warehouse is a recipe for rust.
The door bottoms are gone, along with the bottom of the "drive by feel" passenger fender.
The drivers fender and inner fender is decent from the hydraulic fluid leaking from the plow reservoir.
UV wise I have noticed no cracking on the interior parts or even the cab - clearance lenses.
The radiator support is nice, along with the grill, since it was protected its whole life with the plow.
The cab is actually decent, and the doors open and shut nice.
The good thing is scrap is $19 a hundred here, so getting rid of it will be easy.

I traded the cuda for a 85 D-150 440, auto 8.75 rear, fun truck, but needed love.
Put it in the garage over the winter and straightened up the the wiring, it now starts with a key, instead of flipping switches.
Dumped the points distributor, and put a re-curved electronic factory distributor with HEI conversion.
Tuned the 750 Holley, so it was not blowing black smoke out at idle.
It is a pretty violent old truck with a RMV. Good enough to haul stuff from the farm and lowes.

100_2606.JPG

I have been slowly messing with my 47 truck, took the snow plow off, and started fabbing a bumper, got it done enough to mount a 12,000 winch.
Finally got the 3/4 front end, in where I can work on it, going to go thru it, freshen everything up.
Putting a 6" spring lift and 3/4 ton axles under it to replace the full time 1/2 ton axles that are under it.
The full time front is just plum wore out from snow-plowing, it would cost more to fix it, than upgrade to a better axle.

100_2604.JPG

100_2603.JPG

-
Back