HANS Device

-

CUDA69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought an adjustable HANS from the Simpson trailer at the Summer Nationals. After following the directions and mounting the hardware on my helmet, it seems the restraining strap is way too loose. I can bend my head down until the helmet hits my chest. At that point the strap is just out of slack. Does anyone use one of these things? Should you be able to tilt your head that far forward? I don't think the old neck can withstand any real crash testing, LOL.

you will have some movement but I dont think you should have that much. when we bought one, we had them install it at thier trailer, and there was different sizes of the Hans. you may want to call Simpson and ask. they may have given you the wrong tether strap. you are talking about the little lanyard's that clip on after you are belted up in the car right. you have one that clips to each side of the helmet

Yeah, I think a shorter Lanyard would work. They did size me up at the trailer and explain how to adjust the angle of the main unit. The instructions called out six inches from the rear center to each side of the helmet for the mounting hardware. I think the lanyard is two inches too long. I emailed Simpson and they have not answered yet.

you will get a faster response on the phone. they probably gets hundreds of emails a day to go thru

-
Back