Happy 10th birthday vinny

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
Today Vinny is 10 years old. Unbelievable. This weekend I am going to make him a birthday cake just for dogs. He has baby food and carrots in it. Thought I would share some pics of him through the years. Enjoy!!!
:blob::blob::cheers::cheers::cheers::D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PTDC0009.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 270
  • PTDC0010.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 292
  • PTDC0011.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 285
  • PTDC0012.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 265
  • PTDC0013.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 296
  • PTDC0014.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 276
[ame="http://youtu.be/wOopvLHzf9Q"]302 Found[/ame]

Attachments

• PTDC0020.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 275
  • PTDC0019.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 269
  • PTDC0018.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 314
  • PTDC0017.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 330
  • PTDC0016.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 301
  • PTDC0015.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 274
Go vinny, go vinny, its your birthday!!!!

Attachments

• PTDC0021.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 276
Happy B Day Vinny!

Lol! I love that picture with Santa.

There is truly something special about Rotts. I see so much of my dogs in Vinny.... the facial expressions, body posture, etc.

Happy Birthday Vinnie, it's my daughter's birthday today too!! Hope you have many dog years ahead! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D for 10 years!:eek:ccasion::rock::smilebox:

Happy Birthday Vinny, You are looking great for 10 years old.
It must be the great care and love you receive :hello2:

Happy Birthday Vinny!!
I wish you could stay by my side another 10 years.
You are the end of a VERY long list of rottwielers I've known.
You are with out a doubt the best one I ever had.
Sense 1985 I have owned, bread, boarded, welped, showed, trained, and rescued more rotties than I can even remember. I'm sure it's in the hundreds.
You have been my best one ever. But it goes beyond that. When we first got you I had a broken leg and you were 6 week old. I was off work with the leg. 911 had just happened around when you were born. My mother had just passed away and we were at the graveyard making funeral arrangements when everyone in the office disappeared. We got up and looked around to find everyone in the breakroom watching the towers fall. The funeral was a couple days after. You showed up in my life 6 weeks later. I really needed you then.
We went to a farm house here in Indiana to look for a new rott pup that AbodyBetty decided we needed to keep our aging brood female company.
When we got there I was looking at sire and dam to determine temperment. The mom was aloof and his dad was running around the yard playing with a big rubber farm bucket. Throwing it around and showing it off to everyone. The mother was very friendly and her and the father looked of german bloodlines.
Most of the litter had come over next to us and was milling around us. The owner told us the biggest had been sold already and was leaving later that day. There was 1 pup that was the second biggest by far compaired to the rest of the pups. He was every bit as big as the so called pick of litter. He was also the one too busy playing with a big muddy leaf by himself. I went over to look him over. He had a big muddy dog print on his forhead, right between the eyes. He was very fiesty when I went over to bother him and his leaf and we soon realized he didn't like being picked up under his front leg pits! Endless fun for months after.
Like I said I had a broken leg at the time and he just loved teasing me by getting something he shouldn't, bring it in to me to say, "see, look what I got suckka". I would say drop it and he would run away from me just far enough to make me run after him in on crutches! I swear i could hear him laughing at me while he was running from me! When he was that age he was too scared though to even jump off the 1 step from porch to yard. He would wait there untill I lifted him down. Then he would wait for me to lift him back up after he was done.
At about 10 weeks old he went on his first camping trip at a KOA in Louisville. It was snowing then and we were about the only campers there. He was so small he would stand up to lick the snow off the pick nic table seat and could barley reach it. It was only a few hours after that, he met the owners and soon was the only rottwieler still allowed in the KOA to this date. The next morning he was also the first dog to be invited into the store by the owner! Over the years everytime we would make reservations there, they would always be sure to remind us to bring Vinny with us. Was very quick to rmind us too that he was the only rottwieler not banned by their insurance policy!! LOL!!
The following years he was basically at celebrity status at many of the campgrounds we frequented. Alot of the same people would see him on the same yearly trips. He was the skateboarding dog. Everyone in the campgrounds was Vinny's best friends. He had to say hi to everyone there and everyone there had to say hi to him.
He was always a constant companion to our son. they both grew up together. When Clay got a new skateboard, Vinny would fight him over it out in the driveway untill finally he got one of his own. He went through about half a dozen scateboards the next few years untill he finally injured his rear hip. That eneded the skateboard for Vinny and today he is paying dearly for the sport he loved.
He has always loved anyone we invited in our circle but when younger was known to scare a few stray campers cutting through our campsite late at night. One time around 2AM in a Myrtle beach campground I heard him growl and lunge so hard I thought he was pulling the camper over. I open the door so fast, I saw a big dud backpeddleing so fast he lost his footing and fell. Vinny was almost on him when I yelled. He immediately was called "OFF" and came right to me and sat down in a heal.
I asked the guy waht the hell he thought he was doing sense I had blocked off out camp site with a rope, chairs, etc and he had to go over or around to get in our campsite, right on our patio next to our camper door to boot. He said he was just cutting through to get to the bath house. Yea right! Get the F out of here Vinny almost had your nuts for lunch!! But think about it, at the KOA in KY he would always let the owners walk up to him day and night and not a peep out of him. Something wasn't right with the crook in myrtle who was in our camp and Vinny knew that too.
You have always been the guy who thought it was OK to be game to wear stupid outfits too. You have been known to dress up for haloween and walk the campground with the family for trick or treat night at the campground. You were also known for no fear with weather, darkness, mean spirted strangers, etc. You love the water and was always ready for a swim. We loved the way you always tested water other than your drinking dish. You would dunk your whole head to the bottom to sse how deep before wading in! Waht a total clown! You were also strangely reserved enough to have your own pet cat too! You have been one strange dude man!!
You are a creature who has a bigger heart than body. One day you let some stray beagle into the yard and wouldn't let him leave. Thanks alot for that. So then there was Lex your life partner! LOL!!
Vinny, you have been the absolute best rottwieler, best dog, and best friend I have ever had. I know you can't be with me for another 10 years and your time is soon comming. You have already doddged the heart problems that take out rotties around 8 years. You have made it 2 years past that age barrier. Whatever time we have left together, however how many days, weeks, months or years we have left, I will try to make them your best. I love you very much, and there will never be another like you for me ever again. You see, I'm getting old too, and could never keep up with another like you. When your time comes just remember, I wont be too long behind you and I hope you wait for me too.
Well enough of that stuff. For now I just want you to have another happy birthday, :eek:ccasion:and hope you have many more with me.
Love you Vinny!!:love7:
Dad.

Attachments

• johns pics 005.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Vin xmas.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 5.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 262
  • 4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 261
Hey Vinny!
Happy Birthday!
Your party is Sat or Sun, we didn't forget!
Last couple pics.
Names vinny has came to when called over the years;

Vin nay nay (his hood name)

Vincent (formal)

VonLicktonshtien (Clays nick name for him)

Vindog (his super hero name)

Kitty (he likes it when your playing with him to say, "Here kitty kitty" When he comes you pet him and say nice kitty! leftover form when he had his own pet cat)

Vincent Van Go (He loves riding in mini vans)

Vinny submarine (He always dunks his head in water not in his water dish and loves his swimming pool)

My cousin Vinny (movie he got his name from)

I'm sure there is more I forgot and some I shouldn't mention!:D

Here is one of my favorite kids books. Has been out forever. I always liked the "Good Dog Carl" book by Alexadra day due to it representing the true nature of rottwielers being so protective of kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjolJsGRcY&feature=player_embedded#

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 6.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 1a.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 2a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 297
Happy Birthday Vinny!!
I wish you could stay by my side another 10 years.
You are the end of a VERY long list of rottwielers I've known.
You are with out a doubt the best one I ever had.
Sense 1985 I have owned, bread, boarded, welped, showed, trained, and rescued more rotties than I can even remember. I'm sure it's in the hundreds.
You have been my best one ever. But it goes beyond that. When we first got you I had a broken leg and you were 6 week old. I was off work with the leg. 911 had just happened around when you were born. My mother had just passed away and we were at the graveyard making funeral arrangements when everyone in the office disappeared. We got up and looked around to find everyone in the breakroom watching the towers fall. The funeral was a couple days after. You showed up in my life 6 weeks later. I really needed you then.
We went to a farm house here in Indiana to look for a new rott pup that AbodyBetty decided we needed to keep our aging brood female company.
When we got there I was looking at sire and dam to determine temperment. The mom was aloof and his dad was running around the yard playing with a big rubber farm bucket. Throwing it around and showing it off to everyone. The mother was very friendly and her and the father looked of german bloodlines.
Most of the litter had come over next to us and was milling around us. The owner told us the biggest had been sold already and was leaving later that day. There was 1 pup that was the second biggest by far compaired to the rest of the pups. He was every bit as big as the so called pick of litter. He was also the one too busy playing with a big muddy leaf by himself. I went over to look him over. He had a big muddy dog print on his forhead, right between the eyes. He was very fiesty when I went over to bother him and his leaf and we soon realized he didn't like being picked up under his front leg pits! Endless fun for months after.
Like I said I had a broken leg at the time and he just loved teasing me by getting something he shouldn't, bring it in to me to say, "see, look what I got suckka". I would say drop it and he would run away from me just far enough to make me run after him in on crutches! I swear i could hear him laughing at me while he was running from me! When he was that age he was too scared though to even jump off the 1 step from porch to yard. He would wait there untill I lifted him down. Then he would wait for me to lift him back up after he was done.
At about 10 weeks old he went on his first camping trip at a KOA in Louisville. It was snowing then and we were about the only campers there. He was so small he would stand up to lick the snow off the pick nic table seat and could barley reach it. It was only a few hours after that, he met the owners and soon was the only rottwieler still allowed in the KOA to this date. The next morning he was also the first dog to be invited into the store by the owner! Over the years everytime we would make reservations there, they would always be sure to remind us to bring Vinny with us. Was very quick to rmind us too that he was the only rottwieler not banned by their insurance policy!! LOL!!
The following years he was basically at celebrity status at many of the campgrounds we frequented. Alot of the same people would see him on the same yearly trips. He was the skateboarding dog. Everyone in the campgrounds was Vinny's best friends. He had to say hi to everyone there and everyone there had to say hi to him.
He was always a constant companion to our son. they both grew up together. When Clay got a new skateboard, Vinny would fight him over it out in the driveway untill finally he got one of his own. He went through about half a dozen scateboards the next few years untill he finally injured his rear hip. That eneded the skateboard for Vinny and today he is paying dearly for the sport he loved.
He has always loved anyone we invited in our circle but when younger was known to scare a few stray campers cutting through our campsite late at night. One time around 2AM in a Myrtle beach campground I heard him growl and lunge so hard I thought he was pulling the camper over. I open the door so fast, I saw a big dud backpeddleing so fast he lost his footing and fell. Vinny was almost on him when I yelled. He immediately was called "OFF" and came right to me and sat down in a heal.
I asked the guy waht the hell he thought he was doing sense I had blocked off out camp site with a rope, chairs, etc and he had to go over or around to get in our campsite, right on our patio next to our camper door to boot. He said he was just cutting through to get to the bath house. Yea right! Get the F out of here Vinny almost had your nuts for lunch!! But think about it, at the KOA in KY he would always let the owners walk up to him day and night and not a peep out of him. Something wasn't right with the crook in myrtle who was in our camp and Vinny knew that too.
You have always been the guy who thought it was OK to be game to wear stupid outfits too. You have been known to dress up for haloween and walk the campground with the family for trick or treat night at the campground. You were also known for no fear with weather, darkness, mean spirted strangers, etc. You love the water and was always ready for a swim. We loved the way you always tested water other than your drinking dish. You would dunk your whole head to the bottom to sse how deep before wading in! Waht a total clown! You were also strangely reserved enough to have your own pet cat too! You have been one strange dude man!!
You are a creature who has a bigger heart than body. One day you let some stray beagle into the yard and wouldn't let him leave. Thanks alot for that. So then there was Lex your life partner! LOL!!
Vinny, you have been the absolute best rottwieler, best dog, and best friend I have ever had. I know you can't be with me for another 10 years and your time is soon comming. You have already doddged the heart problems that take out rotties around 8 years. You have made it 2 years past that age barrier. Whatever time we have left together, however how many days, weeks, months or years we have left, I will try to make them your best. I love you very much, and there will never be another like you for me ever again. You see, I'm getting old too, and could never keep up with another like you. When your time comes just remember, I wont be too long behind you and I hope you wait for me too.
Well enough of that stuff. For now I just want you to have another happy birthday, :eek:ccasion:and hope you have many more with me.
Love you Vinny!!:love7:
Dad.

You should print out this beautifully written testament to keep in your family history.

The only part I disagree with is that you're getting old too. You're only 50, you have many years left to give to animals and enjoy them, even though there will never be another Vinnie.

I thought I would let you nice people know.
Vinny passed away this morning.
I am sorry.
Thank you for being there for him and us.
If I would have known how it was going to turn out, we could have stayed here a little longer to say goodbys and had birthday cake. I thought I was doing right by rushing to the Vet.
I'm sorry I made you miss your cake Vinny.
I love you Vinny and I miss you.
You were my little pretty puppy.
Wait for me untill I get there OK?
I love you, Dad.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 249
I just found this for you and ABB. My sincerest condolences.

THE BEST PLACE TO BURY A DOG

"There is one best place to bury a dog.
"If you bury him in this spot, he will
come to you when you call - come to you
over the grim, dim frontier of death,
and down the well-remembered path,
and to your side again.

"And though you call a dozen living
dogs to heel, they shall not growl at
him, nor resent his coming,
for he belongs there.

"People may scoff at you, who see
no lightest blade of grass bent by his
footfall, who hear no whimper, people
who may never really have had a dog.
Smile at them, for you shall know
something that is hidden from them,
and which is well worth the knowing.

"The one best place to bury a good
dog is in the heart of his master."

--- Ben Hur Lampman ---

I just found this for you and ABB. My sincerest condolences.

THE BEST PLACE TO BURY A DOG

"There is one best place to bury a dog.
"If you bury him in this spot, he will
come to you when you call - come to you
over the grim, dim frontier of death,
and down the well-remembered path,
and to your side again.

"And though you call a dozen living
dogs to heel, they shall not growl at
him, nor resent his coming,
for he belongs there.

"People may scoff at you, who see
no lightest blade of grass bent by his
footfall, who hear no whimper, people
who may never really have had a dog.
Smile at them, for you shall know
something that is hidden from them,
and which is well worth the knowing.

"The one best place to bury a good
dog is in the heart of his master."

--- Ben Hur Lampman ---

Thank You ramcharger.
You are very kind and a wonderful doggie daddy too.
Thank you for your support and kind words.
I really need the help right now.
John.

-
Back