Happy 4/20!

-
Since when is calling someone a loser a lost art? I'll have an INTELLIGENT discussion with anyone, but that was not intelligent!

Ratman. Don't be mad. I'm a sucker for a fierce debate. I'm only trying to get your goat cause your GTS has a nicer interior than mine. Don't take me seriously. Nice car.

Jeez, what a firestorm! I was kinda afraid something like this might happen but not to this extent. For me it's just something fun once in a while. I don't really even have to spend any money on it if I don't want to. And if I go a couple weeks (or months or years, whatever) without it for whatever reason I'm totally cool with it. Hey, if my studies get too demanding then I'll just give it a break for however long I need to. I'm sorry that the image surrounding it today is one of crime and indecency but I assure everyone here that the kids I hang out with are all smart guys who know what they're doing with their lives. One of my friends got a full-ride scholarship for his trumpet-playing abilities and is going to CU Boulder (I know, lol lol) for a couple years and then I think Juliard after that to compose. I have another friend going into business at CU Denver, one going to Western Washington to study Zoology or Biology, and me who's going to UCCS and then (hopefully) CO School of Mines for Mechanical Engineering (and I intend to also get a Master's and Ph.D). I do think the legality issue is valid, if it was legalized/decriminalized I think there would be much less bad rep surrounding it. I think it's funny too how some people will look at alcohol as "OK" because it's legal even though it ruins FAR more lives, kills FAR more people, and is FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

On a lighter note, 4/20 is also Patriot's Day this year, the failure of the Bay of Pigs invasion, and the Apollo 16 landing.

Jeez, what a firestorm! I was kinda afraid something like this might happen but not to this extent. For me it's just something fun once in a while. I don't really even have to spend any money on it if I don't want to. And if I go a couple weeks (or months or years, whatever) without it for whatever reason I'm totally cool with it. Hey, if my studies get too demanding then I'll just give it a break for however long I need to. I'm sorry that the image surrounding it today is one of crime and indecency but I assure everyone here that the kids I hang out with are all smart guys who know what they're doing with their lives. One of my friends got a full-ride scholarship for his trumpet-playing abilities and is going to CU Boulder (I know, lol lol) for a couple years and then I think Juliard after that to compose. I have another friend going into business, one going to Western Washington to study Zoology or Biology, and me who's going to UCCS and then (hopefully) CO School of Mines for Mechanical Engineering (and I intend to also get a Master's and Ph.D). I do think the legality issue is valid, if it was legalized/decriminalized I think there would be much less bad rep surrounding it. I think it's funny too how some people will look at alcohol as "OK" because it's legal even though it ruins FAR more lives, kills FAR more people, and is FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

On a lighter note, 4/20 is also Patriot's Day this year, the failure of the Bay of Pigs invasion, and the Apollo 16 landing.

Sorry for making your thread one big argument man, didn't mean to do that. Things got a little bit outa hand.

First off: 4/20 is about the legislation, it's not just about smoking pot on a particular day or at a particular time... so that is correct.

Second: As a previous drug user I must say that this conversation has gotten out of hand. Just because YOU don't think it is a good idea, does not give you the right to belittle the people that choose now or have chosen before to partake in such activities. AND if you wanted a healthy topic of debate calling such persons LOSERS is not the way to start it. I led a hard life of everything from smoking pot to shooting heroine when I was younger and included at one time or another everything else in between as well. Do I regret it?? Not a bit, it helped form my personality and made me who I am today. Who is that exactly?? I am a successful, non drug using man in his 20s that has taken what exerience he gained from his own drug use to give back to the community and volunteer time to those children and teens that are in the same situation and are willing to accept the help they need to move away from this lifestyle. Do I look down on them for it? NO!! Do I call them LOSERS only to make them feel more poorly about themselves, use more, and not seek help to get clean?? NO!! So, as someone that has done MANY MANY drugs on MANY MANY occassions I don't believe for one second that I would call myself a LOSER. So, kind sir, please educate yourself before labeling EVERYONE that has made the choice to either try drugs, or who has made the mistake of becoming addicted to these substances as I once did. By the way, I don't remember ME EVER telling you how to live your lifestyle, so who in the world do you think you are to tell me how to live mine?? I also don't recall calling you a LOSER for any such reason what so ever and I would venture with much confidence to say that you are not perfect in any way either, so what makes you so saintly as to judge me for my choices or actions?? Those who live in houses of cards or glass should never cast the first stone!!

MIKE

Mike,

I'd be interested in your honest opinion if the weed lead to the harder drugs. The fact that you have overcome shows you have a strong disposition. Most who try heroine are not so lucky as I'm sure you are well aware of.

I think it's funny too how some people will look at alcohol as "OK" because it's legal even though it ruins FAR more lives, kills FAR more people, and is FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

I find that amusing as well, not to mention the same results with Tobacco...

I think it's funny too how some people will look at alcohol as "OK" because it's legal even though it ruins FAR more lives, kills FAR more people, and is FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

I find that amusing as well, not to mention the same results with Tobacco...

When was the last time you saw two stoned guys fight... the only reason it is not legal is becuse the government could nto control it like alocohol... You get pulled over and weed is in your system even if your sober...

Mike,

I'd be interested in your honest opinion if the weed lead to the harder drugs. The fact that you have overcome shows you have a strong disposition. Most who try heroine are not so lucky as I'm sure you are well aware of.

Actually, I would say what led me to harder drugs was the same curiosity that led me to smoke my first joint, I just wanted to know... Unfortunately, with harder drugs, one time is enough to grab you and pull you in... I learned my lessons the hard way, but I still do not regret what I did. I walked in and looked in the mirror and finally "SAW" myself at 85lbs and on heroine... that was enough to scare the hell outta anyone. I now enjoy every ounce of 185lb healthy body and as I said I share my knowledge with those that are willing to listen...

When was the last time you saw two stoned guys fight... the only reason it is not legal is becuse the government could nto control it like alocohol... You get pulled over and weed is in your system even if your sober...

Maybe over the last brownie?? LMAO

HAHAHAHAHA STONER FIGHT!! Everyone watch out there will be some slap boxing and twinkles being thrown.

Ahhhh the good old days of smoking so much weed that I couldn't even move, inventing new ways to smoke weed, the first time I smoked some keef, getting stoned and going fishing with my brother in law, I remember some of those days pretty well.......wait no I don't.

hahaha:happy10:

I guess my issues with legalization are there is no positive test for impaired driving like there is for alcohol. I agree there is less violence associated with it compared to alcohol. Unless you count the 38 shootings we have had in my area by gang members this year trying to control the drug trade. Drug testing for welfare receipients would be a must for me to buy in as I'm not paying for those who can't use recreationally. The tax rate on it would have to be huge as well to off set the rehabilitation costs of those who become addicted and are unable to function without it. Any adult selling to children should be in jail for a good while.

Actually, I would say what led me to harder drugs was the same curiosity that led me to smoke my first joint, I just wanted to know... Unfortunately, with harder drugs, one time is enough to grab you and pull you in... I learned my lessons the hard way, but I still do not regret what I did. I walked in and looked in the mirror and finally "SAW" myself at 85lbs and on heroine... that was enough to scare the hell outta anyone. I now enjoy every ounce of 185lb healthy body and as I said I share my knowledge with those that are willing to listen...

Good on you for kicking and helping others who are not strong enough on their own. It takes a strong man to kill the dragon they say.

I remember weed as making me silly,horny,hungry,and sleepy.... in that order. :cool:

The best thing is driving. The few times I got to drive my Duster while 'elevated' were absolutely amazing. I felt like I was literally part of a machine. Should be even better after the cam, TQ 4-bbl, and dual exhaust. :snakeman:

I guess my issues with legalization are there is no positive test for impaired driving like there is for alcohol. I agree there is less violence associated with it compared to alcohol. Unless you count the 38 shootings we have had in my area by gang members this year trying to control the drug trade. Drug testing for welfare receipients would be a must for me to buy in as I'm not paying for those who can't use recreationally. The tax rate on it would have to be huge as well to off set the rehabilitation costs of those who become addicted and are unable to function without it. Any adult selling to children should be in jail for a good while.

If it were legal then would you have had those shootings? Unles of course it were shootings over other drugs.

I agree with most of this, especially the sellign druge to children comment. But I am not sure abotu the weed bein addicting and people becoming disfunctional... I know lots of guys that have quit toking without a second thought. I could be wrong, but I believe tobacco is one of themost addictive substances... I quit weed years ago and don't really mis it... I quit smokin 2 years ago and i still get cravings.

And a darker note: Hitlers 120th birthday, and the 10 year anniversary of the Columbine shootings.

If it were legal then you would you have had those shootings? Unles of course it were shootings over other drugs.

I agree with most of this, especially the sellign druge to children comment. But I am not sure abotu the weed bein addicting and people becoming disfunctional... I know lots of guys that have quit toking without a second thought. I could be wrong, but I believe tobacco is one of themost addictive substances... I quit weed years ago and don't really mis it... I quit smokin 2 years ago and i still get cravings.

I've seen it more than a few times. Its certainly not the most addictive drug but for those with an addictive personality it can be a 500Lb gorilla on their back.

I've seen it more than a few times. Its certainly not the most addictive drug but for those with an addictive personality it can be a 500Lb gorilla on their back.

I'll give you that. I have some friends that live for it and i don't understand why. Maybe the addiction of self medicating keeps them going strong.

And a darker note: Hitlers 120th birthday, and the 10 year anniversary of the Columbine shootings.

Yeah, I was hoping those wouldn't be mentioned, my ba... I mean, error.:sign10:

I guess we can agree though, a lot happened on April 20th!

I would bet those shooting weren't due to disputes over territory because of pot...

I would bet those shooting weren't due to disputes over territory because of pot...

Marihuana cultivation was a 6 billion dollar a year industry in BC and accounted for a good part of our the GDP. It was number three behind forestry and tourism but may have surpassed them. You bet organized crime has a huge stake in dope and the shootings are over money.

First off: 4/20 is about the legislation, it's not just about smoking pot on a particular day or at a particular time... so that is correct.

Second: As a previous drug user I must say that this conversation has gotten out of hand. Just because YOU don't think it is a good idea, does not give you the right to belittle the people that choose now or have chosen before to partake in such activities. AND if you wanted a healthy topic of debate calling such persons LOSERS is not the way to start it. I led a hard life of everything from smoking pot to shooting heroine when I was younger and included at one time or another everything else in between as well. Do I regret it?? Not a bit, it helped form my personality and made me who I am today. Who is that exactly?? I am a successful, non drug using man in his 20s that has taken what exerience he gained from his own drug use to give back to the community and volunteer time to those children and teens that are in the same situation and are willing to accept the help they need to move away from this lifestyle. Do I look down on them for it? NO!! Do I call them LOSERS only to make them feel more poorly about themselves, use more, and not seek help to get clean?? NO!! So, as someone that has done MANY MANY drugs on MANY MANY occassions I don't believe for one second that I would call myself a LOSER. So, kind sir, please educate yourself before labeling EVERYONE that has made the choice to either try drugs, or who has made the mistake of becoming addicted to these substances as I once did. By the way, I don't remember ME EVER telling you how to live your lifestyle, so who in the world do you think you are to tell me how to live mine?? I also don't recall calling you a LOSER for any such reason what so ever and I would venture with much confidence to say that you are not perfect in any way either, so what makes you so saintly as to judge me for my choices or actions?? Those who live in houses of cards or glass should never cast the first stone!!

MIKE

Very well said!!!!!!!!

I don't want to dig this whole thing up again, but this is my point exactly. You can have a discussion WITHOUT the insults. As a great person once said. "Let he without sin cast the first stone"

Making the public assumption that EVERYONE who smokes pot is lazy, shiftless, loser, stoner, or any other stereotype is like saying anyone whom drinks a beer is a fat, lazy, loudmouth A-hole looking for a fight before he goes home and beats his wife while running over the neighbors kid. Cut it out. What started as a good natured nod to like minded people has turned into a political debate. Don't like the topic? Don't respond. That's what I do when everyone is glorifying bacon....

I think people should be up in arms over tobacco or alcohol. THAT **** will ruin you....

-
Back