Happy Birthday Dukes of Hazzard

-

71GSSDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Many Friday nights as a kid watching Dukes of Hazzard. 8pm if I remember correct.

That was good stuff back in the day. Back in the late 80's a guy in town had a General Grant. Blue charger with the American flag on the roof

hX1ysVSuILhvyuC3tGtnpL9oAJi.jpg

I was in the 5th or 6th grade when the Dukes first appeared on TV. We had the same 2 classrooms and the same teachers both years for some reason, so i'm not sure. Anyway, Landon Harris was the kid sitting next to me and asked if I was going to watch The Dukes of Hazzard tonight, it was the night of the first episode. I had no idea what it was, so I told him "No, I don't really like all that medieval stuff". Landon was into that sort of thing, so he just looked at me like I was nuts and didn't explain what he was really asking. We just happen to be learning about the Medieval Times in Social Studies at that time.

That story was much funnier that Friday night when my father and brother said we were watching it and I saw what it was.

That was a good show, even if they killed a bunch of Mopars. It was based on the 1975 movie "Moonrunners" which I have in our collection of over 2500 DVDs.

I remember as a kid watching it at that time on Fridays. Quite often we would travel an hour or so to my Aunt n Uncles and we would watch it. My Uncle Ben would impersonate Roscoe P Coltrane...Coo-Coo!
Great memories, thanks and
Happy birthday Dukes! :thumbsup:
Thanks Daisy!

That was a good show, even if they killed a bunch of Mopars. It was based on the 1975 movie "Moonrunners" which I have in our collection of over 2500 DVDs.
I always thought it was based on "Return To Macon County".

But thanks, I will check that one out.

Is that the movie where the police car crashes with a truck hauling chickens? Then he’s spinning the tires to chase when a chicken runs under the tire

Now what do y'all think is gonna happen next?

-says Waylon.

My HO scale railroad has a scheduled coal train nicknamed "The Roscoe P".

I semi-consciously married a woman who looks like a cross between Catherine Bach and my 4th grade teacher!

-
Back