Happy New Year!

-
those headers look good,, but will it hold up under exhaust temps or turn dull like most all coatings?

Those do look fabulous!!8) Dang!

will it hold up under exhaust temps or turn dull like most all coatings?
Here's an idea. Since you need a guinea pig and I have some flat black never installed cheap azz hedman headers, I'll send them to you to give them a shine like that, you send them back and I will put them on my daily driver Duster and run the hell out of them.:cheers: Then I will brag forever about you on all the mopar forums I visit (about 7).:-D
I might even brag on the 2 Chebbie ones I still go to. LOL

those headers look good,, but will it hold up under exhaust temps or turn dull like most all coatings?

Don, as I mentioned in my post, I'm still learning about it myself and getting all the details ironed out. Realizing that inquiring minds want to know anyway, here's an excerpt from the Official Press Release.
Ongoing development has resulted in a process that produces the brightest ceramic coating available anywhere. The process is the result of many months of research and development and creates a finish extremely close to chrome, but a lot more durable and long-lasting.

The Vice President explained, “The ceramic coating business is very competitive. We committed ourselves to being the leader with the brightest ceramic finish available. We’ve developed a multi-step process that yields an extraordinary finish that sets us apart completely. Needless to say, we’re extremely proud of the way it looks. It stays nice-looking for years.”

The manufacturer also offers a stock-appearing “no points lost” OEM-look cast iron restoration and a black finish for classic car manifolds.
Believe me, I know this is a huge development and can't wait to get rolling on it either. As I learn more, I'll be passing it on to you guys and gals. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Leanna,
Have you seen any videos of the "multi-step process" they mention? Very recently, a ceramic coating product was show-cased on Horsepower TV. After prep and coating, the headers were tumbled in a vat of small pebbles of something (I think they said ceramic beads) that "polished" the finish to a bright luster, similar to that you are showing. It looked very nice.

As with anything exposed to long periods of high temps, I guess only time will tell about the longevity of this process.

Jerry

Leanna,
Have you seen any videos of the "multi-step process" they mention?

No Jerry, I haven't. I'm still learning about it myself and waiting for the biz relationship with the manufacturer to get all firmed up so I can start doing it. As soon as I know more, I'll pass it on.

-
Back