Happy Thanksgiving in the Time of Covid

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

PXL_20201126_210915961.jpg

My daughter is 5 days home from college in South Dakota. She has been quarantining since she got back.

How to have Thanksgiving dinner in a safer way?

Build a glass barrier and positive airflow!

I happen to have 3, double pane, glass panels left over from a project. With some festive buffalo plaid duct tape, I created a 3 sided enclosure. With a 24 inch fan in the window blowing out and a window open in another room I created a positive airflow away from the rest of us and around my daughter.

She has been taking precautions and her school is small and very low numbers of cases.
We only leave the house for essentials and everyone here has been wearing masks when in public places for months.

PXL_20201126_211021760.jpg

We will see how it works out.

I hope all have an enjoyable time and do their best to stay as safe as possible.

Poor quality turkey baster. Plastic is heat sensitive as it turns out.
16064267061694168115417196094152.jpg

Last edited:
Great work!

Maintenance did essentially the same thing at the hospital where I work. Two weeks ago they did 18 more rooms on an entire floor expecting an increase. Swapped windows and added an industrial blower unit in each room.

I also noticed last night in the Covid ICU unit, they installed a rubber grommet in the glass. They keep the IV pole outside the room and run the lines through the grommet to the patient.

My department, EVS, is responsible for washing gowns used in the Covid units. We haven't been able to keep up with demand for a few days now!!!

-
Back