Hard board headliner

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
Do any companies make reproduction hard board headliners for the '73 to '76 Dart/Scamps?

Mine is in decent shape but if one is availbale in my color, I'd get one.

These guys make one http://dantesparts.com/abodymolded.html

My buddy and I made our own from Cintra (Centra?), a plastic sign making material. We traced out the old cardboard one and cut the plastic to the right size, then covered it with modern headliner fabric.

65S, that's a good idea. Could a hardboard liner be retrofit into a '72 Duster? Did all of the cars change to hardboard in '73, or only certain ones?
Thanks,
C

Yeah they make them only SUCKY thing is the SHIPPING! Even worse is you cant "save" on the shipping becuase they are drop shipped direct from the manufacturer. I think im gonna suck it up and get one but I sure do HATE paying that much in shipping

I'm bringing this one back up. I ordered one of these headliners for a 72 Demon from Dante, and it seems that I may have to trim it just a hair to fit in the front and back windshileld gasket lip.

Has anyone here installed one of these, and did it fit perfectly, or did you have to trim it a bit?

I re-did the stock hardboard headliner in my 73 duster and it went under the windshield gasket FAR.. never thought I would get it in there but finally went in

DSCF0043 (Small).JPG

Has anyone here installed one of these, and did it fit perfectly, or did you have to trim it a bit?[/QUOTE]

We purchased one (Dantes) for a sunroof 73 Dart. The only trimming I needed was removing ~ 1/2" around the sunroof opening cutout in the corners. The rest fit O.K.. BE SURE TO REMOVE IT FROM THE BOX UPON RECIEPT AND UNROLL IT AS THE STICKER SAYS. I read that 3 months too late, it caused the fabric and foam to ripple slightly.

408duster said:
Has anyone here installed one of these, and did it fit perfectly, or did you have to trim it a bit?

We purchased one (Dantes) for a sunroof 73 Dart. The only trimming I needed was removing ~ 1/2" around the sunroof opening cutout in the corners. The rest fit O.K.. BE SURE TO REMOVE IT FROM THE BOX UPON RECIEPT AND UNROLL IT AS THE STICKER SAYS. I read that 3 months too late, it caused the fabric and foam to ripple slightly.[/QUOTE]

So it's fabric covered? Does anyone make one that is identical to the original cardboard type?

408duster said:
Dantes is it. I can get you a close up pic of mine tomorrow if your interested.

Yes please!

Dantes headliner for our sunroof car, the small ripples are my mistake. Didnt read the sticker on the box advising to remove and unroll upon receipt.

Headliner 001_1.jpg

Headliner 002_1.jpg

-
Back