Hard lines length and size

-

BubbaCuda

Reaction score
Does any body know what a good length and what size of fitting to buy when you do a disc conversion using the newer aluminum m/c and a proprtioning valve from a 74 dart..
Harold

Does any body know what a good length and what size of fitting to buy when you do a disc conversion using the newer aluminum m/c and a proprtioning valve from a 74 dart..
Harold

all brake lines on mopars are 3/16". the fitting that go in the master are the same as 67-later styles. i know they take a 9/16" line wrench.

Redfastback
Thanks for the info on the diameter. But What length should i buy that will give me enough tube to bend the loops at the M/C and give that factory look. should i just call fine lines and order some if so what year should fit.
Thanks again

call them and tell them what all your putting in the car, what master, prop valve, etc. they might bend something special for you. otherwise, bend, cut, flare various lengths.

I'd think the only way you're going to get a real close to factory look by bending the lines yourself is to have an old set of lines to copy from. Either that or find someone who has dimensioned sketches of the lines. Otherwise all you can do is take various measurements and just go by eye as to what looks good.

If you're just talking about bending the two lines that go from the prop valve to the mc, the length to be used will depend on the radius of the tube bender you are using, so you can put those loops in the lines for flexiblility.

-
Back