Harley guys.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Anybody heard of or perhaps use this exhaust? Looking at the Softail LSR 2-1 Pro Stock Spyder......the "C" style....

Nope! I run drag pipes (straight pipe) on my '01 Sporty 1200c... Loud pipes save lives! :) They also set off car alarms at the PX from 2-5 parking spots away AND down streets with street-side parking, which is always good for a laugh. X)

- CK

No I haven't heard of them, but they look good, and seem have good review's from what I just read about them. And a lot of research to go along with them.

Nope! I run drag pipes (straight pipe) on my '01 Sporty 1200c... Loud pipes save lives! :) They also set off car alarms at the PX from 2-5 parking spots away AND down streets with street-side parking, which is always good for a laugh. X)

- CK
Problem is the "Marshall" in Reardan. He will write me up for it.....every time he hears it. Spoke to a woman a few weeks ago that used to live in Reardan. They unloaded her bike, with straight pipes, at her place and rode it a few blocks to where she was going to store it. He was sitting a half mile away from the storage place, heard the bike and took off looking for it. This guy writes you up for 1 mph over, plate lights being out, pretty much anything. He has been known to sit right at where the speed drops from 60 to 30 and ticket folks in the slow down zone.....I can get around him but.....

View attachment IMG_3071 (Medium).jpg

I know a thing or two about loud pipes. No argument about them saving lives but it does get old riding the noisy bastard. And I cannot help but wonder a couple of things, the first being the amount of torture the exhaust valves are taking. If you get neutral on the throttle while moving it shoots blue flames from both cylinders. If you chop it completely, when slowing down, it shoots orange flames. And when gassing it hard it goes back to bright blue flames. The second, how much power is this "exhaust system" costing me?

Wonder if I am gonna get the same response form Harldly riders up here as I did in AZ, not a single wave. The only folks that used to wave to me were goes on Imports and folks driving muscle cars......Wonder what it is about a chopper that annoys damn near every Hardly rider I have ever spoken with??

I've been riding since early 90's .....Harley's.... your bike does not and would not annoy me in the least, I think its a very cool ride... I like to sound of a bad a$$ ground pounder. And I consider my self a Harley guy.

I like riding .....I don't care what anyone ride's if the want to ride with me I'm ready, both my boys have rice rockets ...600RR and a GXR 600

I have owned, in this order, a 84 disc glide ( low rider ) a 1995 Fatboy a 1991 Softail, a 2005 E-glide, and currently ride a 2011 Ultra Classic ( Geezer Glide ) all except the Dresser's have had 1" 3/4 Drag Pipes ... I also used to set car alarms off all the time. We are lucky I guess in the fact that the Law don't mess with us to much, unless your riding stupid. I had Screaming Eagle pipes on the 05 and I run 4" Rineharts on my current bike, but it has a catalytic converter and its not really loud it idle but has a good tone when in the throttle, looking to have the converter removed. I like to sound of a bad a$$ ground pounder

I've been riding since early 90's .....Harley's.... your bike does not and would not annoy me in the least, I think its a very cool ride... I like to sound of a bad a$$ ground pounder. And I consider my self a Harley guy.

I like riding .....I don't care what anyone ride's if the want to ride with me I'm ready, both my boys have rice rockets ...600RR and a GXR 600

I have owned, in this order, a 84 disc glide ( low rider ) a 1995 Fatboy a 1991 Softail, a 2005 E-glide, and currently ride a 2011 Ultra Classic ( Geezer Glide ) all except the Dresser's have had 1" 3/4 Drag Pipes ... I also used to set car alarms off all the time. We are lucky I guess in the fact that the Law don't mess with us to much, unless your riding stupid. I had Screaming Eagle pipes on the 05 and I run 4" Rineharts on my current bike, but it has a catalytic converter and its not really loud it idle but has a good tone when in the throttle, looking to have the converter removed. I like to sound of a bad a$$ ground pounder
Up until this bike I have owned nothing but Jap bikes. Put 100k on my Honda 600F2, sold it and ended up with a GSXR1000. Shoulders & wrists just could not tolerate it anymore. I have put about 7k or so on the chopper. Had a buddy that was a Harley guy but ended up on the same bike as mine. He was the one that pointed out that Harley guys just flat out would not wave to him. I made a point of waving at every Harley rider I seen and maybe got waved at 5x in return.
I think I am going to go with the un-baffled
version of the lsr pipe......and just go thru the farmers fields to avoid the guy in Reardan.

I love my 1198s Ducati! There is nothing, I repeat nothing like the sound of my dry clutch at idle. Pipes save lives (and there is a point to where you are doing it to be annoying) just remember if it gets too loud, don't be surprised if start getting tickets and noise complaints. Don't forget ear plugs and to enjoy the ride!

I love my 1198s Ducati! There is nothing, I repeat nothing like the sound of my dry clutch at idle. Pipes save lives (and there is a point to where you are doing it to be annoying) just remember if it gets too loud, don't be surprised if start getting tickets and noise complaints. Don't forget ear plugs and to enjoy the ride!
This thing is loud enough to drown out the dry clutch. And I do agree on the annoying part, because that is what it is.......thanks for reminding me of the earplugs, need to find my shooting ones, nothing like a set of custom fitted ear plugs......

I have straights on mine too but a friend of mine is running the 2 into 1's and he love em'.

Attachments

• Motorcycle.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 183
Found the old battery for it. Hoping I can squeeze a the next size battery in it. It is basically a one shot to get it running deal.....Bunch of things I need to do to it. If I can not find any info on the ignition it will be getting replaced, have no idea where it is timed. Took it in for the service that the shop needed to do for the warranty and it has never been the same since. Went from 150 mile on a tank to 65-70. And lost some of its get up & go. Have spent hours looking for info on the ignition and have found nothing. Called Rev Tech and got the royal run around....

it is an 06 "Bike in a Box" from Custom Chrome. At one point it was called the Broadway. Motor is a Rev Tech 110", trans is a 6 speed Rev Tech. Has a Mikuni 45MM carb on it and some goofy *** Rec Tech ignition.

Had to go sit on the floor and stare it for a few minutes, bike has been sitting for several years and it has been a while. Timing marks are indeed visible. Did not matter where I put the timing mark at, mileage was in the crapper and it fought the starter. When you go to light it up when it is hot you have to bump the starter til you hear it strain, let go of the button for a few seconds and then hit the button & it will fire right up. If you just hop on it and hold the button on it will kick back on the starter....hard. The ignition in the bike is a Rev Tech 658180. You can control the advance curve by moving a small potentiometer type of deal on it.
I am going to and fire it up over the week end and see where the initial timing is set.

Found this about the ignition system....On one of the HD forums that I came across there was a few folks speaking not so highly of it.....and I just measured, I am stuck with the smaller battery.....

Attachments

• 658180 RevTech Ignition.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 7,245
-
Back