Harmonic Dampener questions

-

340six

Reaction score
1sr Harmonic Dampener in questionis an older Summit Racing one but was sold as well by the company that made them.
Made in Australia says Summit has marked,at TDC and about what a timing tape would be plus every 90 degrees.
How good are these? Stock, average, real good?
I had it a long time unused, but clear was yellow, so stripped it.
Plan was shoot a light coat of black and light sand it to leave just black in laser etched area and clear.
So it could be seen easy with my old eyes.
Or can it be powder coated that way?
Will the heat kill the rubber?
Maybe Leana who does powder coat can?
Might have her name wrong formally New Orleans (My Area) but moved to Tenn after Katrina Phoenix Coating?

2nd one
TCI Rattler.
Anyone run one?
Has all this stuff inside that rattles and finds its place to dampen
The good, the bad the ugly?

20230205_030615.jpg

20230205_030604.jpg

20230205_030435.jpg

Will I regret having this Rattler making a racket on a mostly street driven car?
Snake Oil? Good, Crap?
20230205_030252.jpg

20230205_030115.jpg

20230205_030051.jpg

Last edited:
The high temperature powder coating process will degrade the elastomer in that rubber damper, not recommended. Otherwise it's a decent stock replacement damper. The Rattler is a good performance damper and I would use it with no hesitation. 65'

The high temperature powder coating process will degrade the elastomer in that rubber damper, not recommended. Otherwise it's a decent stock replacement damper. The Rattler is a good performance damper and I would use it with no hesitation. 65'
That's what I thought the powder coat oven to hot.
I am going to just shoot it with paint.
It looks like a stock one but rated to SFI.
Looking at the new Summit Racing ones they say powder coated. So made me rethink.
Was worried the Rattler would make a,racket

There is a low temperature powder coating process that I am aware of. I've seen it in my days of the manufacturing industry. 65'

Congrats on using the correct nomenclature, a dampener, not a balancer.

Made in Oz, it is probably a Power Bond, made in Wagga, NSW.
Even though I live in Oz, I cannot buy this here, I have to buy from the US. And the shipping cost.....

And you were wondering what was wrong with the world today.....

Congrats on using the correct nomenclature, a dampener, not a balancer.

Made in Oz, it is probably a Power Bond, made in Wagga, NSW.
Even though I live in Oz, I cannot buy this here, I have to buy from the US. And the shipping cost.....

And you were wondering what was wrong with the world today.....
Looks to me like both brands are available in Oz.
I think Powerbond used to put a steel ring on the stock damper hub. I seem to remember them doing one or two for me ages ago like that.
I haven't checked in a while, but they probably still do.

Last edited:
-
Back