Harness Identification?

-

scottylack

Reaction score
got this with the 65 Cuda/Valiant harness...is this for the blinkers????

Attachments

• photo(31).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 149
Looked kinda like the harness for the fender-top turn signals to me at first glance. But I realized it's only the pink wire and its shadow, and not two wires.
The connector near the bulb has me thinking it's got a near twin somewhere for the other side of the car. I hope that helps.

ATB

BC

naaah.... its from a 65 barracuda

OK, they didn't have a trunk light. If not I learned somethin'. LOL

The reason I thought that is because of the black plastic piece in the red wire. I thought maybe it hooked up to a on/off switch.

Pink and yellow are underdash lighting circuits. I'd say the bulb should have a silver mount around it with a dome shaped lens cover, ie. the map light!! May tie in the light circuit under the dash. Take a picture of the ends of the plugs side by side and I'll see if I can identify them next to the 64 car, or my 66!! Sorry bout the confusion!! Geof

right hand is the end with that plug...then about 8 feet of wire...then the bulb and plug on in the middle and left is at the other end...anything?

OH, it's NOT the pink wire and its shadow, but real pink and yellow wires. someone said they're for underdash, but they also go to the courtesy lights. I'm not familiar with early Cuda wiring, but a club member friend of mine is doing a full restore on one., I'll ask him. Have you tried the schematics at mymopar.com?? There are two for the '65 barracuda. Let us know what you find.

ATB

BC

I think I've found it Scotty. Since that was in the underhood wiring box, I'm thinking that it could be the front turn signal wire, as seen in these pics running under the lip of the radiator support. It appears on this 64 to plug into the harness of each turn signal pod in the front grille, with the shorter of the 2 runs connected to the drivers side of the harness. Could this be the harness you have?? Mock it up and see and report back!!

Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_4725.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_4726.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 113
Scratch that last post!!!...

After reading your description about the length and your guess about the dome light harness, I went back to the 64 and there it was!! You're correct, it is the dome light harness, and that car didn't have a dome light mounted on the drivers side, so thats where the stray bulb goes. Nice shot, General Scott!! Geof

If it's pink and yellow it's either map light, dome or courtesy light.

The diagram shows this. If it's one is tan and the other yellow with a tracer stripe then it would be for the front turn signals. The light socket doesn't look to be for the signal to me.

here's a diagram.
65ValiantBarracudaA.jpg

Does that white tag have a part number on it? If you can read it post the number.
Maybe someone here has an old parts book and can look it up for you.

I'm sure it's the domelight harness norshor, I took it out of the car and sold it to him. I remember it clearly now!!!:thumbrig:

Thanks for sharing the 65 diagram, I'd love to have copy of that!! Geof

Ifound it on the internet . I just typed in 65 barracuda wire harness. I think someone
said you might be able to find it a MyMopars.com.

You might be able to right click the image I posted and save image as. It will either save it as a document or a picture.

Those rust-bucket pictures above make me cringe. My cars used to look that way when I lived in Michigan.

Those rust-bucket pictures above make me cringe. My cars used to look that way when I lived in Michigan.

Hey Jim, those rust buckets may make you cringe, but they make me money!!! And, they get these guys the parts they need for their cars!! Yes, I probably do more work parting old cars than I do on my own rides, but as been said here before...it's an addiction!!! Geof

-
Back