Has anybody installed a Chassis Enginering 10 pt cage?

-

Eric_S68

Reaction score
Looking to get my 10pt cage this week from Chassis Engineering. Was wondering if anyone has installed one from from them? Do I want the 1 5/8" or 1 3/4 " (I assume the 1 3/4") The price is real close. I'll be using the mild steel. How about some generic, this part goes 1st instructions? 1st Time I'll be installing a cage. I'm sure it will be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle. I'll be doing the welding with the Mig welder. Thanks.

nhra and ihra requires 1 3/4 " tubing up to an 8 point roll bar. a 10 point becomes a cage and the tubing required is 1 5/8 " . ( weight is a concern here ) .you may want to check out this years rule book as this is a past ruling....also note that you will need a window net ,a five point harness, plus a whole bunch of other required safty items ,, i dont have a 2006 rule book to look them all up for you, you are also entering the area that reguires aftermarket axles, best thing to do is spend a couple bucks on a 2006 rule book...one more thought..... if you plan on getting the car certified, all welds must be complete, that means all the way around every joint, i havent found a way to do this without pulling the windshield out of the car...... i always start with the roll bar behind the seat, next the cross bar behind the seat , then the rear diagional bars to the trunk. next the small bars that run diagional towards the drive shaft tunnel, followed by the a pillar bars , roof hoop and the dash bar.... the door bars last,,,,,,if you dont have the ability to weld directly to something solid , I.E the frame connectors, you will need to use the 6"x 6" plates to bolt / weld to the unibody. lots of fitting to do . dont forget the cage also has to be padded around the driver. plan on a few days of work, make sure the welds are of good quality ..no grinding of any weld is allowed........ most kits do come with a instruction sheet,,,,,,,good luck p.s, a rule book will pay for itself just in information and save you $$$ in the long run

-
Back