Has anybody tried this hood blackout kit?

-

NukeBass

Reaction score
I got a new Classic Industries catalog today and saw that it had this in it: http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/ma1180.html

Has anyone tried one of these? I sent them an email and didn't get any real answer. I'm trying to figure out if it is the actual blackout part of the hood or just the pin stripe. I thought the original hoods were all painted black, but this seems to indicate it was a stripe.

Says right in the description that it is a decal

I belive that it was a decal. Split in the middle of the hood in the front.
Not to many cars ever got it. Along with the scoops. I think the option
for it was deleated.
Just my 2 cents worth. I don't like it. Just dosn't fit the car right.

Interesting. My father had the hood repainted in the mid to late 70s on his 73 duster because it was rusting. He swears it was painted, but it could be that the shop just painted where the decal was. The scoops would have been painted flat back, though, right?

I like the hood blackout, but that's all I've ever known.

I am pretty sure they were painted and they had a cover fo the center. That blackout hood treatment was only available with a 73 duster twister. And had the potmetal scoops just like the late 60's barracudas.
If your duster is a true twister than it is somewhat rare cause they didnt make that many of them.

I am pretty sure they were painted and they had a cover fo the center. That blackout hood treatment was only available with a 73 duster twister. And had the potmetal scoops just like the late 60's barracudas.
If your duster is a true twister than it is somewhat rare cause they didnt make that many of them.

I've pretty much destroyed the true Twister in it by putting in a 340 and a modern 5 speed. It is an original A51 car, for sure, and will keep all the hood ornaments. I've got a post in the restoration section on it. I originally wanted to restore it with the slant six and buy a different car to put a 340 in, but the other car money was never going to happen so I decided to upgrade mine.

I looked at a couple of other places last night, and I'm beginning to think this kit from classic is just the pinstripe, but classic's response wasn't any help.

-
Back