Has anybody used this alternator bracket kit on a small block with electric water pump?

-
McMaster.

Ain’t no local place gonna have a 6.5” length stainless Allen bolt

Last edited:
haha, yep, that is all I saw was those. Wasn’t sure if the shoulder on those were Ok. Probably will work though.
I think it gives the head specs in the listing? If it’s too small a diameter maybe you can find quality thick hardened washers with enough diameter that would work. If the heads are too big to fit in the bracket counterbores you could grind em down on bench grinder, Chuck em up in a drill or drill press and and/file off enough to make fit.

Forgot to add….this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.
kit came with 2 fancy headed 3/8 bolts that go through the adjustment rod. Go to put them through each rod end, one will go through, the other won’t.
Good one passes through both ends fine, bad one won’t go through either.
Went to the hardware store, they had the same bolts, fortunately, except, black only, not in stainless. So I bought two so I could at least have both the same.
Both fit fine. Just the one bolt March put in the kit wouldn’t fit.
Not sure what in the heck that bolt was..it looked the same , but had more diameter….metric or something???
Never seen the like. Not ultra impressed with March performance, frankly.
Pay more(US company out of Naples, Florida) and the QC is questionable:wtf:

Here it is finished up. Still spaced out a good ways, but it needs to be where it is. Huge improvement

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

-
Back