Has anyone done business with Godfather Racing in Fraser, Michigan?

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I looking to have a transmission built and came upon Godfather racing. Looks like they deal primarily with Mopars. Just wondering if anyone had any feedback? Thanks.

I just need one rebuilt. I will do the installation. Changing from big block back to a small block.

After rebuilding a mid-70s 904 and putting a full manual shift kit in it for the first time, taking it to the dragstrip and ripping away on it and having it shift so well I tend to at least put it in your head to try rebuilding it yourself. Actually found it shockingly easy. The rebuild kit was like $110 and the stage 3 shift kit was 92 but like if your a daily driver stage 2 which would be cheaper.
And the reason I asked if you're taking it out and putting it in is that much more the difficult part then rebuilding it on your bench and just changing the lip seals and the clutch disc. That's the easy part. A professional probably rebuilds two to three of those a day which means probably about three and a half hours on a transmission rebuild. You probably have that much time taking it down there and picking it back up. Obviously I'm not suggesting that a first-timer would do it in that amount of time but now that I've done it I can see where they would be able to. It took about 4 or 5 days and taking my time and trying to do it right. Food for thought....

I rebuilt a 727 in my parent's basement when I was 18. It worked great for many years. They are pretty easy to work on if you have good instructions. I think I used a B&M kit.

I know Godfather very well. He has built both 727 and 904s for me for at least 20+ years and I have NO complaints with any of his work. If you want more info pm me and I will send you my number.

I know Godfather very well. He has built both 727 and 904s for me for at least 20+ years and I have NO complaints with any of his work. If you want more info pm me and I will send you my number.
I can put one together in my sleep after doing it once, after 20 years.... He should have it down packed.

-
Back