Has anyone ever seen a '74 Gold Duster with no "gold"?

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
I found something that I think is pretty odd. Has anyone else seen one?

I do mean the color, no gold anywhere. The A64 package included gold stripes.

This one is 999 paint (dark blue) with white stripes. Seems pretty odd to me?

i had a goldduster that was all blue. goldduster was in black on it, i think it's an option that has nothing to do with the color gold

As I remember, mine had gold stripes. I still have the buildsheet, 2 fender tags and vin tag if you want to compare numbers. I turned the car into a race car so I took all the vin info from it. Note the A64 code exists on my tag.

Sad but true, by '74 the Gold Duster package had fallen victim to the "put stripes on it to sell it 'cause it won't run for crap" mentality. The slide started in '73 when you could get gold or brown. Sorry to say I helped this lunacy by buying a '77 "Roadrunner" that was nothing but stripes, a beep-beep horn, and a blacked out grille on a Volare. Still a good car though and I wish I still had it.

it was just an option up from standard,like amfm radios on SOME,light pakages,etc.i have a yellow 74 gold duster,with black stripes,was black interior,am/fm radio,trunk light,318,904,8.25 with 3.21 gears,front disks,bucket seats,etc,etc,

004.jpg

015.jpg

When I bought mine the guy had taken pictures(which he kept, since his Wife was making him sell it), the pictures he had did not have the gold lettering for the "Gold Duster" decal on the side, which after mentioning it he told me he added it because "It didn't look right without it" Which I agreed. But to answer your question yes... Yes I have seen a Duster without a touch of Gold on it.

The gold duster was just a fancy trim package suposedly. I dont think the color really mattered. Even though id have to agree that most of the gold dusters ive seen were some sort of gold color. The 74 duster I have started off as a gold duster. I had it repainted the faactory color.

..........I have a pair of gold duster headlight bezels that r gold textured........there all thats left of my 71gd................kim........oh ya, this car was gold in and out........

-
Back