Has anyone replaced thier wiper pivot seals??

-

65barracudadude

Reaction score
I just got my kit from schumacher today and I'm ready to install them. But I've never done anything even close to this before. I ordered a lisle tool from a source online and It has not come yet. But it should be here any day. If someone could give me some good instruction on how to remove these that would be great. I just dont want to damage anything. They sent instructions but there is nothing that explains the removal of the cowl. Or do you have to do that??? If anyone can help that would be wonderful. I'm installing them into a '65 barracuda. Thanks.

I believe in my Duster you have to do it from under the dash since the cowl doesn't come off. Not sure if the old 'Cuda's are the same.

69 a-bodies and up are done from underneath, like golduster said.....Can you look and see if you can see anything

Ya, I know. It is raining like HELL outside and the wind is from SATAN!!!! But I suppose I could get my DRY butt out there and get really WET finding out. Thanks.

Don't know if this will help you or not, but here goes. While I was under the dash of my '66 Valiant hooking up the brake pedal to the master cylinder pushrod, I looked up and could see the wiper pivots. They are out in the open and easy to get to once you get in the floor on your back and worm your way under the dash.

That will be an easy fix I hope.....The worst part for me was removeing the wiper arms with out scratching the paint....good luck

Just a tip. Put masking tape around the wiper arm base (to protect the paint)before you remove the arms. Good luck.

while you are in under there, you may want to replace the con rod bushings too. it just seems like the right thing to do since you are that deep in it and you have to remove the con rod anyways. the wipers sound so much better with new bushings.

-
Back