Has anyone seen these and know how they attach.

-

Evildart

Dart Member
Reaction score
KGrHqVHJEYE92YmIgoBPf6hRPNdw60_12.jpg

I know that these are for the headliner but do not know where they attach to on the roof. If anyone has pictures of where they go I would be very grateful.

I believe the triangle shaped ones mount by the sail behind the the rear windows and the others mount above the windshield. You should be able to find factory screw holes which align with those on the pieces. I have a 70 dart with the headliner still installed, but slated to remove. If you can't find how to mount I can remove mine and take some pic's for you, just let em know.

Those pieces probably mount with tabs rather than screws. The tabs are already in the car. When you mount those headliner teeth, use pliers to turn the tabs to hold them in. Like...

Attachments

• headliner teeth.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 240
  • hl teeth.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 256
The problem that I am having is that my 74 Dart came with a cardboard headliner and I'm putting a cloth headliner in. I have all of the pieces to put this in but don’t know how they fit. I think the Cuda’s roof line is different that the Dart because the 70-74 Dart HT shared the same roof and the 70-72 Dart came with a cloth headliner, so what I'm looking for is any pictures that someone may have showing the roof with the headliner out and the pieces attached.

If you can't find how to mount I can remove mine and take some pic's for you, just let em know.

When you do take it out if you can get some pictures that would be great. Thanks

If your cardboard piece is still in good structural shape just cover it with the cloth of your choice. That's what we did with ours and it turned out great!

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 229
I'm running into the same issues on my '74 Duster. I plan on putting a bow style headliner in it, but don't know how well it will work. I talked to Classic Industries today as they sell a conversion kit for the 73 and newer cars that came with the cardboard headliners. I asked them how the front and rear attached and they said contact cement. I can't see how this would work, but it might. I don't know how you'd ever get the thing tight enough to look good. Obviously you have the pieces for the rear but what are your plans for the around the front windshield?

3M Fabric contact cement and lots of clamps around the edge will hold it until it sets up. It is no different getting it tight, as with the teeth you really only have one shot to cust the holes in the headliner.

Grant

3M Fabric contact cement and lots of clamps around the edge will hold it until it sets up. It is no different getting it tight, as with the teeth you really only have one shot to cust the holes in the headliner.

Grant

How are you clamping it with the glass still in the car?

I mistakenly assumed the glass was out. I've always had glass out even with the clips present. Trying to get the headliner under the window rubber and over the clips with it in seemed like a recipe to destroy the headliner. I'm sure others can help.

Grant

I have installed the headliner with the windshield out. With the windshield in, my suggestion would be take it to a trim shop in your area. Good luck.

To the OP-I looked at my '70 Dart tonight and on my car it looks like they are a welded in part of the inner structure.

To the OP-I looked at my '70 Dart tonight and on my car it looks like they are a welded in part of the inner structure.

That is what I thought. If you can get some pictures up that would help with my decision and if I can't use the teeth I think I am going to do the 3M glue on the front and back.

Thanks to all who replied

If your cardboard piece is still in good structural shape just cover it with the cloth of your choice. That's what we did with ours and it turned out great!

I wish I could of reuse the cardboard but it was warped and falling down.

-
Back