Has Anyone Tried These Gaskets?

-

Walt Jackson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've used their thermostat housing and valve cover gaskets. They live up to the hype.
Just make sure you follow their installation instructions EXACTLY. Resist temptation and do NOT OVERTIGHTEN.

I tried their valve cover gasket. Biggest piece of **** gasket I ever tried. I straightened the valve cove rail perfect, checked the valve cover rail on the head with a straight edge. It was dead on. I torqued it to their spec and it leaked like Niagara falls. I tightened it a little more and it slowed but didn't stop. I put a new cork one on it and never looked back. That was my hands on experience.

I have them on my /6. Not been there long enough to tell. I do know they have 2 versions of most of their gaskets. I have enough regular style gaskets here to cover, just in case

I have them on my /6. Not been there long enough to tell. I do know they have 2 versions of most of their gaskets. I have enough regular style gaskets here to cover, just in case
Yeah they have regular silicone and then the fiber reinforced. I tried the fiber reinforced, thinking it was the best. 40 some odd bucks wasted.

I got the regular silicone set. Valve cover and oil pan

From a company called Real Gaskets Tennessee. They are pricey but promise much.
Promises, promises. See here and the onward links from there, then buy legitimate gaskets that actually work instead of these so-called "real" ones. (also see here).

If a standard 98¢ thermostat housing gasket doesn't seal all the way, either you didn't clean off all the old gasket or your thermostat housing is warped/pitted/ready for the recycle bin.

I have their valve cover gasket, non reinforced. It does not leak, but I have not had it on there long enough to see if swelling is an issue.

Have used their thermostat gaskets for a few years - they work even if you have some pits and such on the manifold surface. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!
I tried their valve cover gaskets a few months ago and they leaked like a sieve. I think there is just too much space between the bolts and the gasket is floppy and won't easily stay on the head rail - squeezed out completely to the inside in one spot. If you had Magnum heads with 10 bolts I bet they would work fine. I recommend silicone gaskets with a metal shim inside. Mopar performance used to offer them Last set I got were from Moroso.

I tried both the valve cover gasket and the thermostat housing gasket. The thermostat housing worked after some fiddling around but the valve cover gaskets were not effective at all

I used both the VC and Oil Pan Gaskets that they sold.
Gave them a try and no bueno.

I hope someone will be able to make the R Version of the fel-pro Valve cover gasket again. Those are nice and can be reused many times
I went back to standard gaskets.

Awright, that's it. I'm quittin' vehicle lighting entire, and startin' up a new biz. I'll call it UNREAL GASKETS. They'll work.

Awright, that's it. I'm quittin' vehicle lighting entire, and startin' up a new biz. I'll call it UNREAL GASKETS. They'll work.
LOL That's just it. The regular old tried and true cork WORKS. lol

-
Back